My Little Pocketbooks: December 2013: Wrap Up   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Thursday, January 2, 2014

December 2013: Wrap Up

DECEMBER! Oh Lord!
I don't know where to start. There was just so many things going on... *confused voice* don't know where I should start. Ok! *deep breath*

I have this new issue with reviews that started when I started blogging. I have to have all my reviews posted (of the books I read that year), so I can go into a new year without a pile of reviews to do. I am happy to say that I have no reviews to do. ZERO! NADA! I have reviewed everything I read in 2013! The last book will be posted on Monday and then it's officially official.

December blog stats: I posted 51 blog post. The most EVER! I was a blog posting fool. :)

 Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga Reviews where we all can link up our post about the new books in our lives.  I also add my new pocketbooks too!
~ Bought from Mysterious Galaxy Bookstore (Redondo Beach) ~
http://amzn.to/1ik3kRj 
(signed hard cover)
Ok!  I go to the bookstore to set up the room for our monthly book club meeting and I notice the parking lot is packed.  I walk in and at the front of this huge crowd is Marie Lu signing Champion.  Of course I had to get a copy signed too!  This makes two books signed by her that I have not read yet.  I have a signed copy of Legend that I am going to read this year.  No I am!  It's perfect for the Diversity on the Shelf Reading Challenge.
  

~Bought from Amazon ~
http://amzn.to/1ik3kRj
My trainer told me to get this one and to read it!  I just finished the first chapter and I am really into it.  But man it's a lot to do.  But you know what?  I think it will be worth it.

~ Bought from Audible.com ~
 
This was a free gift for Audible members.  

This book was Mocha Girls Read book of the Month for December.  Review coming soon.

~ Free from Publisher ~
I received this amazingly expensive and beautiful free magazine from the publishing company the same week I saw 12 Years A Slave movie.  I love it and wish I was rich enough to get a subscription.
Thank you Dujour.com!

~ Free from Starbucks ~
http://amzn.to/1hTRV87
Yes!  Starbucks gives free books.  If you are a member they will email you the books but you can get them at the registar when you buy coffee too!  They are on little cards with the download codes on the back.  Sometimes it's books, sometimes music and sometimes apps.  You never know.  And you know I can't pass up a free book.

Review Recap

Favorite Book

Number of Books Completed

(I have to clarify what I mean by completed. Read + Reviewed + Posted Review = Complete)
  19

Pocketbook Post

Book Blogging Events

December was the month of wrap ups and new resolutions, goals for 2014 and the beginning of new challenges.  

~ Gifted ~

http://www.michaelkors.com/store/catalog/templates/P6VAll.jhtml?itemId=cat3003&parentId=cat8501&masterId=cat000000&cmCat=&view=all&page=1&filter1Type=&filter1Value=&filter2Type=&filter2Value=&filterOverride=&sort=&altFilter=
I had to save the best for last.  It has been forever since I got a new bag and this one is...LOVE.  No I really love it.  
Michael Kors gets me!  He does.  He knows I want a bag that is cute and can fit my ipad along with my other stuff without looking like a college student. 
Thanks Santa!  You rock!

Am I forgetting anything?...Um...
How was your Christmas? New Years? Kwanzza?  Any new and great presents? 

No comments:

Post a Comment