My Little Pocketbooks: 2013 Genre Varitey Reading Challenge: Wrap Up   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

2013 Genre Varitey Reading Challenge: Wrap Up

 
Level 6 books in 6 different genres then moved up to 12 books in 12 different genres.  
Completed on  8/28/2013
Yep another reading challenge completed.  When I first signed up for this challenge I didn't think I could come up with 6 completely different genres.  I had a hard time just thinking of 6 but when I completed the 6th one I decided to step it up and try to do 6 more.
I am proud to say that I do read a wide variety of genres naturally.  Nothing on this list was forced.  I just read them and then realized I completed the challenge.  There are a few genres I read this year that are not reflected on this list such as Slave Narrative, Christian Fiction, Short Stories Collection, and Picture Book.  Here are the three books I read and the links to my reviews along with a few fun facts about this reading challenge.
 
Contemporary: The Hairdresser of Harare 
Dystopian: *Parable of the Sower 
Historical Fiction: *The Shoemaker's Wife 
Children's Book: Sway 
Poetry/Short Stories: Red Clay Dirt and Mountain  
Thriller: Gone Girl 
Urban Fiction: The Man In 3B  
 
FUN FACTS
  15 genres completed
3 hardcover and 7 audiobooks and 1 e-book
  2 Book from the author for review
2 books won from other bloggers
  8 books were free (1 from Starbucks)
52 people signed up for this challenge 
 
Favorite Book
Least Favorite Book
 Did you sign up for this challenge? How did you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment