My Little Pocketbooks: Oct '13 Read-A-Thon Updates: Hour 13 - 16   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Oct '13 Read-A-Thon Updates: Hour 13 - 16


Keeping on! Yes we can!!!
Dewey's 24 Read-A-Thon

5:00 pm
Hour 13


Mini challenge host: The Best of Your Reading Year from Lisa’s World of Books
Pick at least three best of _____ for the year.


Here are a few of the books that stood out so far this year.
Best YA Book: *Fault In Our Stars, The by John Greene
Best Historical Fiction: *Shoemaker's Wife, The by Adriana Trigiani
Best Non Fiction: *My Beloved World by Sonia Sotomayor
Best Book Overall: Kitchen House, The by Kathleen Grissom

6:00 pm
Hour 14
Pick a book and assign who would be your dream narrator!
 I pick James Earl Jones because he has THE voice.  I mean it's perfect for almost any male character.  The older the character the better but still he is amazing.  I am shocked he doesn't narrate more books.  And the book I would have him read would be....For One More Day by Mitch Albom

7:00 pm
Hour 15
Mini challenge host Cheap Thrills from Fiction State of Mind 
For this challenge I want you to recommend a book from one of the above categories that is either free or under $3.99 

Here are my recommended Cheap (Free) Halloween reads.  Let me say that these books are free right now.  I have no idea if they will be free forever.  Mile 81 is $2.99 and the others are free.



 
8:00 pm
Hour 16
Mini challenge host Six Word Celebration at Estella’s Revenge
 Your challenge is to creative a six-word celebration of Dewey's Read-a-Thon and post it in the comments section with a relevant email address, blog address, OR Twitter handle. It's that easy!
A reading celebration due to Dewey.  
Thoughts so far:
This might sound odd but I am feeling like I am power reading and not reading for fun!  You know what I mean?  I feel like I am tying to push myself to read faster and to read more then I would anyway.  I think I need to get up and take a minute or two break.  I ate a ton of trail mix and now I don't want dinner.  LOL!  I honestly forgot about dinner anyways.
Oh by the way I took a break and moved from Level 226 to Level 230 232 in Candy Crush Saga.  I am such a Candy Crush Saga crack head. 
 Can you send me a ticket to the next episode? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment