My Little Pocketbooks: Oct '13 Read-A-Thon Updates: Hour 1 - 4   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Oct '13 Read-A-Thon Updates: Hour 1 - 4

 
 Today is the day!  Let's do this!
I will update this post for the first 4 hours.  

5:00 am
Hour 1
Introductory Questionnaire
hosted by:  Dewey's Read A Thon
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Los Angeles, California in the house!
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
I am almost done with The Good House by Tananarive Due.  So I thrilled to be getting that one done.  Then onto The Wolf Gift by Anne Rice.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
I forgot to go to the store yesterday.  I was busy.  So I will head out and get a few things later.  But I do have Bourbon Pecan Praline ice cream in the freezer.  Yumm!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I am single female blogger with a BIG book club, who loves reading and purses.  I love my job and even the hour commute.  That is called "reading time".  This is my 5th RAT and I love it!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
I am not going to have wine at hour 15 like I did last April.  I never saw past hour 16.  I got sleepy then hit the bed to finish reading but the wine got me.  No wine this time! And I am going to focus on reading more and chatting less.

 6:00 am
Hour 2
Mini Challenge hosted by Shannon at River City Reading

For this challenge we have to pick a song that fits the book we are currently reading and say why we picked it.
I am reading The Good House and the main character's grandmother is into voodoo from Haiti.  So I am picking a group of women from Haiti.  I am not familiar with Haitian music but I like this song and the video.  Here is "Bella Mondo".  Enjoy!



7:00 am
Hour 3
Hosted by Just One More Thing
A Puzzling Mini-Challenge from Just One More Thing

There are food in these books.  LOL!  The challenge is to name as many as you can.
1.  Fried Green Tomatoes
2.  Tortillas
3.  ?
4. Potato
5.  Cake
6.  ?
7.  Green Eggs and Ham
8. ?
9. ?
10. ?
8:00 am
Hour 4
Hosted by Book Spine Poetry from CapriciousReader 
 For this mini-challenge, it's time for Book Spine Poetry.  
Here is what I came up with from the ever growing pile in my place. 
Beneath A Marble Sky
The Boy on the Bridge
Longing for Home was
Swept Up by the Sea

I added one word.  It is not beautiful but it "kinda" makes sense.  I think! 

Thoughts so far: 
So far I have completed 65 pages.  Not much but I am a slow reader.  I had oatmeal with raisins and a cup of jasmine green tea for breakfast.  I am in love with the energy in this read-a-thon.  I am going to jump over to visit a few blogs now and maybe Twitter too!  

No comments:

Post a Comment