My Little Pocketbooks: Dewey's 24 Hour Read-A-Thon Oct 2013: Goals   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Friday, October 11, 2013

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-A-Thon Oct 2013: Goals

 

Guess what tomorrow is?
Read-A-Thon day!
Yes, one complete, 24 hour long, day devoted to reading and reading and snacks.  This going to be my 5th RAT!  Whew!
I am going to lock myself in my place, turn the cell onto silent mode and read and snack like no bodies business.  I even cancelled my workout session with my trainer today.  Why?  Because it's read-a-thon day!  I'm on my way to Trader's Joes to stock pile my kitchen with healthy and not so healthy read-a-thon snacks and beverages hot and cold.  Last read-a-thon I made the mistake of including wine with my read.  It was just a glass (or two) around hour 15.  Needless to say I didn't see hour 16 and beyond.  This time NO WINE!

Before I head to the supermarket I thought I would let you know what my Read-A-Thon Goals are.

Books
1.  The Wolf Gift by Anne Rice.  I started this one and put it down for some crazy reason.  I am on page 10 now and I have 393 pages to go.
2.  I am reading and listening to The Good House by Tananarive Due.  Currently I am on page 195 out of 480.  So I would love to finish this one.  I think I will!

That's it!  Yes, only 2 books.  If I finish these two by the grace of God then I will start on My Soul To Keep by Tananarive Due.  This is a book club pick for the month of October.  This will be a re-read for me.  I read it about ten years ago and loved it.  So I am happy to read it again.

Meals
Breakfast:  Hot Oatmeal with raisions and banana
Lunch: Tuna and crackers and small salad
Dinner:  Soup (Not sure what kind yet) 
Rice, Salmon and aspargus
Snacks:  Fresh fruit, trail mix, veggie chips, and ice cream
Beverages: Green tea (hot and cold), Coffee, Water, Wine

Blogging/Challenges/Chatting
This time my game plan is to update my blog every four hours.  During that hour I will enter giveaways, chat on twitter and visit other blogs.  Only during that hour.  I hope.  At least that is the game plan.  So hour 4, 8, 12, 16, 20 and 24.  That's it!  (Telling myself mostly)

Read-A-Thon Tips and Tricks
Here are a few links to help you with the read-a-thon.
RAT by Wall to Wall Books

Setting my alarm for 4:30am (5am is the Los Angeles start time).

If you haven't signed up for the Read-a-thon and you would like to, just go to Dewey's 24 Hour Read-A-Thon and sign yourself up.  It'll be fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment