My Little Pocketbooks: The Casting Couch #1   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Casting Couch #1

As a part of my new blog resolutions, I decided to add a new monthly post called "The Casting Couch".  The Casting Couch is my monthly post were I will be "fun" casting a few of the books I have reviewed this month.  This is only my dream cast and or possible cast and has nothing to do with the actual actors that were cast in the movie versions.  I just wanted to let you know who I was seeing in my head as I was reading a few of these books.
Click on the actors name to read their resumes. 
So have a seat on the couch and let the actors show you their stuff...
Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
Characters:  Karou, a seventeen-year-old Prague art student and Zuzana her best friend
I am not familiar with this young actress but she has done a lot of voice work.  The role should be played by an newbie.  I think she will look great with blue hair too. 
I think her dark hair and dark eyes are very Eastern European.  She is cute and could handle the  strong side kick role.
  
Character:  Akiva, the angle with eyes of fire.
After looking at this hunk of hunk of burning love I just knew he would make the perfect Akiva.  The hair, the bod, the eyes.  Perfect!
The Hairdresser of Harare by Tendai Huchu
(Review | Amazon)
Character: Vimbai is a hairdresser, and single mom.
I am not sure if this could happen but Octavia is a great actress and she maybe able to pull of playing a single 20 something mom.  I could totally see her playing a younger role. 

Character:  The good-looking, smooth-talking Dumisani also an amazing hairdresser
It took me some time to find a Black actor that is one young (or young looking) and could pull of being a hairdresser. Edi is no stranger to the film business so I think he would be a great fit.   By the way, Edi was the vampire with the dreds in the Twilight saga.
Parable of the Sower
Character:  Lauren Olamina, a minister's young teen daughter and creator of Earthseed.
 
I think this would be an outstanding role for a new up and coming actress.  The range this actress would have to play could get her an Oscar.  Seriously!  This book could have that potential in the right hands. 

Have you read any of these books?  Who do you think would make a great cast for these books? 

No comments:

Post a Comment