My Little Pocketbooks: Bout of Books 6.0 -Goals   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Monday, January 7, 2013

Bout of Books 6.0 -Goals

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon
Bout of Books 5.0
This is going to be my second time doing the Bout of Books Read-A-Thon.  Last year I saw the button on several blogs and thought I was going to pass on it but the more and more I thought about it... I really needed to focus and get some reading done.  So I jumped in and got a lot of my goals accomplished.  This year I am happy to say that I will be jumping in once again.
As I looked over my post from last year I am shocked I got so much done.  Then I realized...I was not working that month.  So things will be not as impressive as last time.  I am adding one audiobook this year and hopefully I will get to one book of my bookshelf and/or the book club book of the month. 
What is Bout of Books? 
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 7th and runs through Sunday, January 13th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 6.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books 6.0 team
Last Years Post
Bout of Books 5.0 -Goals
Bout of Books 5.0 -Weekly Progress
Bout of Books 5.0 -Wrap Up Post
Time Devoted to Reading 
I will try to read a least an hour every day.  I know I will be listening to an audiobook in the car to and from work every day.  So that will be easy.
Books I Will Be Reading/Listening to... 
Even the Stars Look Lonesome by Maya Angelou (hardcover)
The Hairdresser of Harare by Tendai Huchu (paperback)
And an audiobook (I haven't decided which one yet)
 ARC Absent by Katie Williams (paperback) if I still have time
My Goals
1.  Complete all the books listed above.  Since I finish a book a week, completing three will be great!  One of them is for review too.
2.  Complete at least 2 reviews.
3.  Enter a challenge or two.
4.  Update the progress post daily.
5.  Visit and comment on a few blogs.  
6.  Complete a posting calendar for the month of January and February for this blog and the book clubs blog site.  

Are you going to join in Bout of Books?  What are you planning on reading? 

No comments:

Post a Comment