My Little Pocketbooks: Oct '13 Read-A-Thon Updates: Wrap Up!   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Oct '13 Read-A-Thon Updates: Wrap Up!

 
It's a wrap!
I did it!
Kinda!  Well...most of it!
Let me explain. 


Which hour was most daunting for you? Hour 22 I kept reading the same sentence over and over again.  The page was never ending and my eyes were getting way to heavy.  I just had to give up.  Throw in the towel and go to bed. 

Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Nothing I read would be read-a-thon worthy but they were great books.  I learned that you should read books with 100 to 150 pages to keep you interested.  The shorter the better.  Both of my books were 400+ pages. Oops!

Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? I think this one was great and I enjoyed it.  But I have a question... there were a ton of prizes and there were only 3 winners an hour (with a few exceptions). Why?  Why not 6 winners an hour with a prize list like that?  Just wondering.

What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? I loved to posts before the Read-a-Thon started. 

How many books did you read? 1 1/2

What were the names of the books you read? The Good House by Tananarive Due (finished) The Wolf Gift by Anne Rice (half done)

Which book did you enjoy most? The Good House was really good.

Which did you enjoy least? I did not finish The Wolf Gift.  So I can't say.

If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? N/A

How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? This is number 5 for me and I am really looking forward to number 6.  I am going to plan a better TBR pile with shorter books.  I will be an Angel again.  (I did it last April). 

So that is the end of my 5th Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon.  Until April 2014 I am not planning on another read-a-thon.

How did you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment