My Little Pocketbooks: Dewey's Read-A-Thon 2013: Hour 9 - 12   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Dewey's Read-A-Thon 2013: Hour 9 - 12

 More Hourly Updates!
1:00 pm
Hour 9
Clear the Cobwebs and Recharge Yoga Challenge
 hosted by: Elizabeth Michelle  
Here is the mini-challenge
I’m here this hour (and for the next 3) with a challenge that will get you out of your seat, increase blood flow to your brain, and stretch out those muscles that may be just a little bit tired of sitting.
  • Do a few (or all) of the poses.
  • Note (1) the poses you did, (2) your experience with them, and (3) how long your yoga break was on your blog, Instagram (#readathonyoga), Facebook, etc.
  • Comment here with the link to where you shared your experience OR just comment with your experience here. 
I love yoga but I am going to save this one for later because I just finished a huge salad.  
 Thoughts!
Salad was amazingly good.  I have to say that having an audiobook for the readathon is great!  While I am eating and cleaning up I can still listen to my book.  This is going to be a must from here on out.  Audiobooks are the bees knees.  Now back to the hard back.
 2:00 pm
Hour 10
 Darren’s Book Cover Quiz!
hosted by: Bart's Bookshelf
This challenge is a quiz.  Here is the quiz and below are my answers.
(As you can see I don't know many of these)
Read a thon   Mini Challenge   Book Cover Quiz
1.  The Crane Wife by Patrick Ness
2.   The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
3.
4.
5.  The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
6. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
7. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
8.
9.
10.  Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
11.
12.
13.  Shadow and Bone (Grisha Trilogy) by Leigh Bardugo
14.
15.
16.
17.

Thoughts:
I am so sleepy and I am thinking about taking a nap.  Uhhmmm!  Maybe?
3:00 pm
Hour 11
Picture It
hosted by: The Book Monsters
This challenge hopefully should be easy and fun. Take a picture of the place and/or book you are reading currently and post it somewhere – twitter, your blog, your choice. Leave a link in the linkie below so I can check them out!
Here is the picture of my reading space.
 I have jumped from one book to another with an audiobook in the middle.  LOL!  Lord.  I wanted to complete something not add more to the DNF list.
4:00 pm
Hour 12
Mid Event Survey
hosted by: Dewey's Read-A-Thon

1) How are you doing? Sleepy? Are your eyes tired?  I am a bit sleepy but the munchies have taken over.  I just finished another bowl of salad and I ate a whole bag of pistachios.
2) What have you finished reading?  I finished Can You Keep A Secret? by Sopie Kinsella.  I think I will be done with Wonder by R. J. Palacio in the next two hours. 
3) What is your favorite read so far?  So far I am loving Wonder. 
4) What about your favorite snacks?  The BBQ Chopped Salad was wonderful and now I wish I had bought some ice cream.  This healthy snacking is ok but some New York Super Fudge would be the best right now.
5) Have you found any new blogs through the readathon? If so, give them some love!  I have not really hopped around as much as I usually do.  I want to focus on reading more this time.  But I will!  I promise.  As me later.

Thoughts (more like a kind-of-rant for women only)
I realized around the end of hour 11 that I have had a bra on the whole time.  I have no idea what was I thinking.  As I was sitting on the sofa (pic above) when I felt the "Lord my should is feeling tired."  Yes!  I have had a bra on for several hours while sitting in the house.  Who does that? 
So off course I had to get it off.  As I was taking it off and jumping into my super comfy clothes I hear...The Ice Cream truck.  And nope I didn't throw the bra back on.  And nope I didn't run out there bra-less.  I just listened to the music fade away.  But the craving is still here. 
Is there an ice cream delivery service that I order online?

No comments:

Post a Comment