My Little Pocketbooks: 2012 Wrap Up   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Sunday, December 30, 2012

2012 Wrap Up

Can you believe 2012 is over?  Wow!
And this is my first ever year in review wrap up post here at My Little Pocketbooks.  I thought I would do a post about my first year as a book blogger.  I loved every minute of it and I have learned so much along the way too.  Yes!  Blogging is a learning process.  I'm for one, much more organized and focus about my blog than I was at the beginning of the year.  See what I mean?  
Well here is a few great highlights from my first year with My Little Pocketbooks.

First Blog Post 
Thursday, January 5, 2012  What I Am Reading Now...  (This is a post I still do bu tI have dropped the "now")
First Comment From
First Book I Reviewed

Reached 10,000+ hits on June 13, 2012

and 30,000+ hits in December 2012

Completed 59 books this year
20 were audiobooks
6 got "I Love It!" (5 stars)
 40 Authors were new to me
10 books were from my bookshlef
Completed 4 series
Cheshire Red Reports
14 books by male authors
4 were Non-Fiction 
2 were Poetry Books 
1 book I Did Not Finish 

Reading Challenges - 6 entered and completed

Attended Passion and Pose Conference were I meet and lunched with Romance authors and the authors from The Breathless Tour.  I also meet my blogging sister Mandy from The Romance Bookie.


Went to Trya Banks book signing of Modelland at EsoWon Bookstore

As well as the reading and signing of Silver Sparrow by Tayari Jones

and Eric Jerome Dickie's signing for An Accidental Affair

I got a book signed by my favorite author Anne Rice!!

Afats_bug12 
This year I was so honored to attended The Southern California Independent Booksellers Conference at the amazing Queen Mary.  I cleaned up!  And as a result of my hoarding...I have boxes of unread books under the Christmas tree. See the loot here!

I attended all the Mocha Girls Read book club meetings and loved sharing and chit chatting about our monthly selections.  Book swaps are the best.  So many great books come to the swap that I have to just say no and do my Hoarder's chant. 
As you can see this has been a great bookish year.  I am so thankful for all the followers, the authors, the publishing companies and of course the other book bloggers for welcoming me into their community.  So thrilled!

And...I got 2 Blog Awards in 2012!
As this year closes, it is time to get ready to celebrate my blogs 1st B-day!   So you know what that means....GIVEAWAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment