My Little Pocketbooks: Review: Christ the Lord-Road to Cana   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Monday, December 31, 2012

Review: Christ the Lord-Road to Cana

Christ the Lord: Road to Cana
Author: Anne Rice
Genre: Biblical Fiction
Publisher:  Knopf
Release Date: March 4, 2008
Hardcover:  256 pages
Life of Christ

Source: Purchased years ago
Buy the Book: Amazon.com
Book Description
The second book in Anne Rice's hugely ambitious and masterful life of Christ.
It's a winter of no rain, endless dust, and talk of trouble in Judea. All who know and love Jesus find themselves waiting for some sign of the path he will eventually take. After his baptism, he is at last ready to confront his destiny. At the wedding at Cana, he takes water and transforms it into red wine. Thus, he's recognized as the anointed one and called by God the Father to begin a ministry that will transform an unsuspecting world.
Review
Finally I finished this book and just in the nick of time.
I read the first book in this two book series -Christ The Lord: Out of Egypt years and years ago.  I was afraid that I would have to go back and re-read it to get the flow of this book.  But nope not to worry at all.
The first book was mostly Jesus as a young child and this one is Jesus as a grown man.  The story is fictional but based 100% on the stories of Jesus getting baptised by John the Baptist and his time in the desert being tempted by Satan and ending at the wedding where he turns water into wine.
I know these stories but not the details.  Anne Rice writes a narrative story that gives the reader a glimpse inside the thoughts of a man who comes to find out who he really is.
I was not into this one as much because it seemed to move along slower than I remembered of the first book.  Don't worry it is not written in the same King James Bible style that the Bible is written in.  LOL!
I love Anne Rice, as you all know and I am thrilled to have read another one of her books.  Anne Rice has the amazing talent of writing her characters in a rich, deep layer that you completely forget she wrote vampire novels as well.
Recommendations
I recommend this book to readers of all ages.
Challenges
This book is number 10 in my Dusty Bookshelf Challenge
This book is number 16 in my TBR Reading Challenge
This book is 56 in my Goodreads Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment