My Little Pocketbooks: TGIF #20 ~Issue Books~   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Friday, June 1, 2012

TGIF #20 ~Issue Books~

I decided to join a weekly meme called TGIF.  I kept seeing the button on top of so many sites, so I wanted to join in too.
This feature is for Fridays to re-cap the week's posts and to answer the proposed question from Ginger at GReads.  Check her out and join in the fun!
 This Friday's Question
Issue Books: Which books have you found to be very rewarding when it comes to tackling tougher issues? 
My Answer
This was a tough question this week.  I had to sit and think about this one for a few minutes.  Then take a look at my book shelf then think about it for a few more minutes.  So after many minutes of contemplation I cam up with these books.
Issue:  Boys, Sex, Reputation, Bullying, High School, Friendship
Thoughts:  The author tackles these issues with understanding and age appropriate solutions that are really realistic and family centered.  
Issue:  Women's Self Image, Beauty, Stereotypes
Thoughts:  The author is funny and made me almost sip out my tea with her satire on Beauty pageants and the young women that participate in them with hard hitting dialog. 

Weekly Recap
Book Blast and Giveaway: Frequent Traveller 
Why I Love Wednesday #18 ~Humorous Reads~
Stacking the Shelves #3 
Review: The Lost Years 
Sunday Best #3

No comments:

Post a Comment