My Little Pocketbooks: Dewey's Read A Thon: Wrap Up   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Dewey's Read A Thon: Wrap Up

I didn't make it!  At all!  Last October Read-A-Thon, I stayed up the whole time but this one...Well around hour 16 the computer or internet started slowing down, and I poured myself a glass of white wine.  I jumped back on the sofa and Viola...It's Sunday at 8am!  What???  Note for next Read-A-Thon..no wine!
Congratulations to all of the readers that finished all 24 hours and congratulation to all the readers that finished a book or more. 
Here is my recap:

  1. Which hour was most daunting for you?  Hour 17!
  2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? I think shorter books are great!  Books under 200 pages and short stories.
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-Thon next year?  I liked October 2011's Read-A-Thon better.  The hourly winners, the listing of winners of blog challenges on the site and the prize list.
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-Thon?  I loved the length of time each challenge lasted.
  5. How many books did you read? 1
  6. What were the names of the books you read? Love in the Cholera, Teenie, An Old Song for Wrong Women
  7. Which book did you enjoy most?  Teenie by Christopher Grant
  8. Which did you enjoy least?  An Old Song for Wrong Women
  9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?  They did a great job.  I loved the cheers!
  10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?  Next one I am going to be a reader and I will donate to the prizes for sure.  I am going to start saving up for it now. 
How did you do?  Did you finish all 24 hours?  Did you finish any books?

No comments:

Post a Comment