My Little Pocketbooks: Dewey's Read A Thon: Hour 13-16   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Dewey's Read A Thon: Hour 13-16

It' 5:07pm in Los Angeles and the half way mark is behind us now.  How are you doing?  I have to admit I took a nap.  Just a short power nap.  There is something about this sofa.   I am back at it again!
Challenges Completed: 10 out 12 (opting out of #9 since I won it last time and my answer is the same)
Pages Read: 18 pages of Love in the time of Cholera
10 Pages of An Old Song for Wrong Women (Complete)
  115 pages of Teenie
Commenting on several blogs
Snacks: 1 banana, 1/2 bag of trail mix, Jasmine Green Tea with honey and 1/4 of my Gallon of water, Greek yogurt with trail mix.  Tuna and crackers. Mango slices and more tea and water.
Hour 13: Mid Event Survey
1) How are you doing? Sleepy? Are your eyes tired?
2) What have you finished reading?
3) What is your favorite read so far?
4) What about your favorite snacks?
5) Have you found any new blogs through the readathon? If so, give them some love!
1.  I am post power nap sleepy.  Shaking it off right now as we speak.
2.  I finished only this 10 page book of poems and I am halfway on my second book.  To much blogging this time.  ARGGH!!
3.  I really like this book Teenie.  It is cute, funny and the characters are very well developed.  
4.  I love my Dried Mango.  I am going to start the next snacks and that is Laughing Cow Cheese on a cracker topped with dried Mango.  Sounds like I watch a lot of Top Chef.  (I do!)
5.  I would love to give a shout out to Fictionally Inclined.  I am a visual girl and I love cute looking blogs.  Well done!

Hour 14:  Library Experience Challenge
hosted by:  Kanaye Speaks

Comment and tell me, in 200 words or less, about your first experience with a library, or most memorable, most fun, most recent or any other library experience you feel like sharing.


I can't remember my first library memory but I have always had a library card.  No matter where we lived our first stop would be the local library.  But my most favorite library in the world was/is the Redondo Beach library.  They have converted it into a historical museum or something but it is amazing at sunset.
In the back of the library are large floor to ceiling Spanish arch windows that open to the beach.  Mom took us after school and study hall so that was just in time for sunset.  Me, the window and Sweet Valley High books.  Heaven!!

Hour 15: Picture Puzzle
hosted by:  Stella Matutina
I want you to step away from your current read just long enough to find a picture that somehow relates to the book. Find an image that makes you think of the story, the characters, the book's theme, a vital element... whatever works for you.
The only images that don't count are a) the book's cover art or b) film stills, if the book has been adapted for movies or television. That'd be a little too easy. :)
Write a sentence or two to tell us which book you're reading and what the picture has to do with it. You can post it to your own blog, tweet it, put it up on the Read-a-thon Facebook wall, or leave it in the comments here.
 In the book Teenie, the main character goes to high school in New York.  I was shocked for a minute when I read they have PE on the 8th floor.  Coming from a LA high school, all PE classes are outside or in a gym that is located on the ground floor and not attached to the school at all.  This is what I image Teenie's high school looks like.
My internet/computer is acting up and I am not trying to catch up.  Arrgghh!!


No comments:

Post a Comment