My Little Pocketbooks: Sunday Delight: Spring Ahead   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Sunday Delight: Spring Ahead

Happy Sunday Everyone!

Did you spring forward?  Reset the clocks?  Well Spring is coming and I know a large part of the US is happy about that.  I don't know how they do it.  Snow for months and months with below freezing temperatures.  Not me!  No way!  I couldn't handle it.  Right now I am sitting in my office space with a cup of tea, flip flops on and a light sweater.  Anything more than this is just too much for me.  LOL!  I know I am a sissy when it comes to cold weather but every time I see the news about the weather on the East Coast it reminds me of that movie, The Day After Tomorrow.  You know the one?  When over half of the world experiences another ice age.  ARGH!!! 
Watch the trailer and see what I'm talking about.

Move to California everyone.  What about Hawaii?
Ok! Enough of that.
Here is my week in bookish stuff.  Brr!

Here and Now

Time: 9:51 am
Drinking: Green tea with lemon and honey (my blogging drink)
Eating: Nothing
 Listening To: Brand New Heavies Radio on Pandora
Watching: Nothing

  Fitness Goal

Starting Weight: 211lbs (12/8/14)
Current Weight: 209
Days Worked Out: 2

My Bookish Stuff

 Reading: How the Garcia Girls Lost Their Accents by Julia Alvarez
 Listening To: Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater

 Next Read: The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl by Issa Rae
Up Coming Review: Your Blues Ain't Like Mine by Bebe Moore Campbell

New to My Book Shelf
http://amzn.to/1vTCEza
The Audiobook if from the e-Library (Overdrive)

My Favorite Blog Post from Me

March 2015 Reading Queue
and I have a giveaway going on right now.  Check the side bar menu.

Favorite Book Blogging Events and Links

Here are a few things I ran across this week from other book bloggers and just around the blogiverse.  Click on the buttons to check out the events as well.

Lindsay @Nighttime Reading is hosting,”Reading 4 Autism Sign Up” 

Word Spelunking is hosting tons of interviews, giveaways and stuff for the 4th Annual March Middle Grade Madness.   

Read-a-thons are going on everywhere this month.  Here is one called March Madness Read-a-thon and The Caffeinated Book Reviewer has two this month.  Take Control of Your TBR Pile and the button below is for the weekend Read-a-thon.  
TBR Read-a-Thon

Herding Cats and Burning Soup is looking for bloggers to help review books for tours. 

 +Jessica BooksATrueStory  tweeted me a post from Novel Sound. Check this POC post out.  "We need diverse books + 27 POC authors"

Book Riot is also pro-diversity as well and here is their latest post called "Black History Books for the Whole Year (Because 28 Days Are Not Enough)"


And I stumbled on this cute blog called XOJane and she even has a diversity post up called "I Challenge You to Stop Reading White, Straight, Cis Male Authors for One Year" 
This post even got authors talking about it here is a summery on Juneverlsting with the "Authors Respond To Stop Reading White, Straight, Cis Male Authors for One Year"

Mom's Small Victories is hosting Read-a-long. Click the button to go the site and sign up.
http://momssmallvictories.com/shadow-wind-readalong-march-2015/

What new and interesting things did you do this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment