My Little Pocketbooks: 6 Degrees of Separation with Wild   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Saturday, March 7, 2015

6 Degrees of Separation with Wild


Did you know that two authors host a monthly meme called 6 Degrees of Separation?  I didn't know really but after seeing the meme on Girlxoxo blog a few months and I thought it looked interesting and so I looked into it.  And yes there is a monthly meme!  
Here are the detail.  Basically, they give you the fist book and you link 5 other books to it any way you can.  In case you have more questions, these are the official rules:
Wild by Cheryl Strayed is the starting book given to us by the hostesses.  I haven't read the book yet but I do know it was a big success and has been made into a movie staring .  A lot of times the movie is never as good as the book.  But there was a movie that I did think was as good as the book and that was...
 
Life of Pi by Yann Martel.  Did you read this book? I read it years ago and in my humble opinion it is one of the best books ever.  Giving a book that title means I wanted to see the movie and didn't want to see it at the same time.  They always mess up great books but you know what?  This time they did the book justice!  was Pi and he did a wonderful job bringing the book to life.  I love seeing Indian actors crossing over into non-Bollywood films.  Another book I read with an Indian cast of characters was...
The Reluctant Matchmaker by Shobhan Bantwal.  This was a cute modern day story of a single Indian-American girl looking for love as the same time her handsome (and rich) boss has asked her to help him find a wife.  I love cute and funny (did I say light hearted) romantic books.  (review) I received this one from the publisher for a book tour and was so glad I got it.  But there are some romantic, light-hearted books about matchmaking that just miss the mark for me. Free or not.  One of them was...
My Man Pendleton by Elizabeth Bevarly. This was a free e-book I downloaded from iBooks.  Yes there are funny moments, romance and a matchmaking situation between a young lady named Kit and a new employee to her father company.  These people are crazy rich and will lose it all if Kit doesn't get married for love before the deadline.  What some people will do for money. 
Speaking of crazy rich people did you read...
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.  Another book to movie but this was all about a self-made millionaire named Jay Gatsby set in the roaring 1920's.  I love the clothing and music of the 1920's. One book that was about another modern young lady who loved the 1920's clothing and jewerly was...
 
Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella.  I loved this book as well.  It was full of Bridget Jones type humor and romance.  But with a 1920's twist in London that I thought was quite fun.  

Whew!  I did it. I went from Wild to Twenties Girl in 6 degrees.
From book to film..to film with Indian characters...to book with Indian character...to matchmaking... to rich families...to the 1920's.  
That was actually quite fun.  

Have you read any of these book listed in my 6 Degrees?  
Feel free to join in and make your own 6 Degree of Separation post.

No comments:

Post a Comment