My Little Pocketbooks: Book Blogger Hop: Advice for Newbies   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Friday, November 21, 2014

Book Blogger Hop: Advice for Newbies

Happy Thanksgiving Black Friday Everyone!
If you are not out shopping till you drop or the store closes hopefully you are getting a few hours of rest.  That is exactly what I am doing today and hopefully tomorrow too.  I have been so looking forward to this FOUR day weekend.  It's all about the nothing!  Doing nothing and enjoying it! 

What is Book Blogger Hop all about?
Each week the host at Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted writer will prompt a new topic submit by a blogger and everyone can join in with their answers. You should join us! It's quite fun!  No really it is!

This Weeks Topic/Question

November 21st - 27th: Do you have any advice for new bloggers? (submitted by Elizabeth)

My Answer

I have only been blogging for 3 years now and I still consider myself a newbie.  There are so many new tips and tricks popping up every single month that I feel like I am always learning something new.  So with that being said first, please don't take this advise like it's coming from a Pro-Blogger.
1.  Don't take it so seriously.  Have fun with your blog.
2.  Do make it your own by creating your blog and blog post with your voice.
3.  Don't focus on the numbers.  Don't worry about Page Views and number of comments. 
4.  Just Do You!

I feel some of the best book blogs out there follow these 4 simple things.  They don't jump on every single meme and they don't post every single day either.  You can tell from reading their blogs they are just having fun posting about stuff they love and things they are doing.

What advice would you give a newbie?

No comments:

Post a Comment