My Little Pocketbooks: April Reading Queue   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

April Reading Queue

I am back with my Reading Queue for the month of April. Reading Queue is hosted by Book Tasty and Books: A True Story.  Click the covers to read more about the books I list below.
What is the reading queue all about?
Reading Queue is a monthly meme where you share what books you plan to read for the month. You can hop to other blogs and see what others are reading and maybe find someone reading the same thing as you! Or you can ask for people to vote on what you should read next if you can’t decide.

Book Club Pick for April
The Moments, the Minutes, the Hours by Jill Scott

http://amzn.to/1ipsjzDWriting poems and keeping journal since 1991, Jill Scott now shares her personal poetry collection in The Moments, the Minutes, the Hours. Praised for her earthy, honestly erotic, soulful and very real lyrics, Jill Scott explores all the flavors of life, love, and self.
Of her music, Jill offers: "It's music. It's experiences. It's vulnerability. It's honesty. It's being a woman---an African American woman. Being a daughter, a sister, a grandchild and a Godmother. It's life. It's deeper than what I know. It's bigger than what I can see. I guess it's a dive into the human spirit." And the same will come forth in this never- before-seen collection of her poetry. 
This month Mocha Girls Read book club will be reading a book of poetry and they picked a book I have read and reviewed already.  Yeah! Now I can try and finish last month's book.

Off My Shelf
The Returned
http://amzn.to/1hasHnN
I am going to be reading part 2's and 3's of incomplete series for the Sequel Spring Reading Challenge.  This is the only (I think) book currently on my shelf that is a part of this challenge.  There are three prequels so I think it counts.

Audiobooks
Dark Sons and Bluish
http://amzn.to/1enr0OV
I saw these on the e-library list of recommended for me books.  Since they sounded interesting, I think I will give them a try.

Days of Blood and Starlight (Book #2) 
http://amzn.to/PWcYxQ
I'm next on the libraries wait list for this audiobook.  Hopefully I will get it in time to listen to it this month.

This Bitter Earth (Book #2)
http://amzn.to/1oInSqG
I am going to buy this one when I get my Audible credit next week.  I will have completed another series once this one is done.  My goal is to finish two series this month.  Overall goal is to finish at least 5 or 6 (out of 20) series before June. Fingers Crossed!

Still Reading
The Aloha Quilt 
http://amzn.to/1geKB9X
I put it down again and I think I will not be back to this until the end of the month.  Maybe?

 Wrapped in Rainbows
I know you are sick of me posting this book up over and over again.  My goal is to just finish it!  LOL!

Last Month I Read
The Unseen Guest (book #3) - Review will be posted on 04/14/14

Along with a ton of short audiobooks from Audible.com.  This is what happens when I am commuting to much.  I need to get a few "Quicky Reviews" done now.


What are you planning on reading this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment