My Little Pocketbooks: Audiobook Week: How to Pick   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Audiobook Week: How to Pick

All this week I will be participating in Audiobook Week with Devourofbooks.  What is Audiobook Week all about?  Mostly, us book bloggers talk about all things Audiobooks.  The good, the bad and the ugly.  All of it.  If you are new to audiobooks or never, ever listen to one this is your week.  Hop on over to Devourofbooks.com to see more information about this week, to get the button and to chek out all the blogs participating this year. 

Tuesday Topic

How do you decide what you’ll listen to? Do you mostly listen, or split time between listening and reading? Particularly if you split time, how do you decide what you’ll consume in audio and what in print?
I pick audiobooks on with various factors in mind.
1.  Cost.  The free ones I always say yes to.
2.  Time.  If I don't have time to sit and read then I will get the audiobook.
3.  Narrator.  I have run across a few narrators that I love and I like picking audiobooks they work on because I know it will be a good listen.

I split my time evenly between reading and listening.  Unless I am swapped and tired then the listening time goes up and completely over takes reading.  (As in this month)

I have a book club selection to read every month so I will pick that book in audio if I know I will not have time to read the book.  Sometimes I do both.  I will get the book to read at home and the audiobook to listen to in the car on my commute to work. 

So tell me, how do you decided what you'll listen to or read?

No comments:

Post a Comment