My Little Pocketbooks: Big Book Events 2013   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Big Book Events 2013

While I was signing up to attend BEA I thought to myself..."Self, we should do a quick post with a list of a few big book events going on"  Because the worst thing to happen to a book lover is finding out a book event that had just passed and it was in their area.  That would be the worst of the worst! 
I have not attended all of or half of the events listed so my disclaimer is for you to read their sites for more information.  Got it!
Don't go and tell them Alysia said...!

Comic Con 
July 18- 21 San Diego, CA.
Comic-Con International: San Diego is a nonprofit educational corporation dedicated to creating awareness of, and appreciation for, comics and related popular artforms, primarily through the presentation of conventions and events that celebrate the historic and ongoing contribution of comics to art and culture.
 There seems to be several kinds of Comic Con and there are popping up everywhere.  There will be an art show and a film festival to go along with the usual stuff.
 
Author's After Dark
August 15-18, 2013 Savannah, GA.
Authors After Dark is a for readers by authors event, focused on the reader author relationship. No other convention lets you get this much quality time with authors in such a unique setting. Readers and authors alike are encouraged to let their hair down and get to know each other and talk about the one thing that really brings us all together: BOOKS! 
I wish I could go to this one.  I have never been to Georgia and to have a new city to explore while meeting new authors would be fantastic.  That would be a perfect summer vacation. 


BEA
May 29- June 2 New York, NY.
Welcome to the largest publishing event in North America—BookExpo America (BEA). This year's event promises to give you access to what's new, what's next, and everything exciting in the world of books. 
I AM GOING!!!!!
YIPPIE!!!
I have mentioned this several times on this blog, but damn can you understand the excitement I have!!  P.S. I need a roommate. Email me at littlepocketbooks at gmail dot com if you are interested.  :)


RT Booklovers Convention
May 1 - 5 Kansas City, MO.   A convention for readers and authors.  Come meet over 400 authors, participate in workshops, teen day, and book signings.
 I can't believe I missed this when it was here in Los Angeles a few years ago.  ARGH!!  Come back to LA please.  This is a great event with dances and costume parties too!  Looks like tons of bookish fun.

 Los Angeles Times Book Fair
April 20 - 21, 2013 Los Angeles, CA.
Spend a fun-filled weekend at the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books on April 20 and 21 at USC. Get to know famous authors and celebrities, see culinary greats create their latest recipes, catch screenings and live music, enjoy cultural entertainment and much more.
Just had to give my hometown event a shout out too.  And yes I am going to this one too.  :)

Are you planning on attending any of these events this year?  What big bookish events are you going to go to this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment