My Little Pocketbooks: Bout of Books 6.0 -Weekly Progress   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Bout of Books 6.0 -Weekly Progress

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon
Bout of Books Progress

Everyday of the read-a-thon this post will be updated.  

I am really looking forward to reading few books from my bookshelf.  This will be the first read-a-thon where all my books are from my bookshelf.  Nothing from the library or the bookstore, all from home.  YEAH!!  :)


Monday 1/7

Number of pages I've read today: 5 (I only got a minute during lunch today to read) and 2 hours on audiobook
Total pages read so far:  5 and 2 hours

Total number of books I've read so far: 5 pages and 2 hours

Book Titles
      -Currently Reading: The Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (audiobook) 

The Hairdresser of Harare by Tendai Huchu
      -Completed: N/A

Today's Challenges Host
Scientific Discovery hosted by The Book Barbies
Total number of challenges completed: 0
Notes about today: Missed the Twitter Chat because I completely forgot to convert the time change over.  1:00 in CST is not 1:00 PST.  LOL!  Duhh!  Anyways, I wanted to read during lunch at work but that did not happen at all.  I was too tired to after the gym to read last night.  But I did comment on a few blogs and I did finish my posting calendar for January and February for both blogs.  So something came off of my goals list.  :)

 
Tuesday 1/8

Number of pages I've read today:  1.2 hours (audiobook)

Total pages read so far: 5 pages and 3.2 hours

Total number of books I've read so far: 0

Book Titles
      -Currently Reading:
The Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (audiobook) 
The Hairdresser of Harare by Tendai Huchu
      -Completed: N/A

Today's Challenges Host 
Guess the Cover hosted by Never Too Fond of Books
Favorite/Funniest Cover hosted by Ms. Buff's Blog
Total number of challenges completed: 0
Notes about today: Work is busy and so am I.  No time today outside of my commute to read. 

 
Wednesday 1/9

Number of pages I've read today:  2 hours (audiobook)
Total pages read so far:  5 pages and 5.2 hours (audiobook)

Total number of books I've read so far: 0

Book Titles
      -Currently Reading:
The Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (audiobook) 
The Hairdresser of Harare by Tendai Huchu
      -Completed: N/A

Today's Challenges Host 
Page 48 Challenge hosted by Booking in Heels
Total number of challenges completed: 0
Notes about today: Another day of work and no reading. Commented on several blogs.
 
Thursday 1/10

Number of pages I've read today:  1 hour (audiobook)
Total pages read so far:  5 pages and 6.2 hours (audiobook)

Total number of books I've read so far: 0

Book Titles
      -Currently Reading:
The Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (audiobook)  
The Hairdresser of Harare by Tendai Huchu
      -Completed:

Today's Challenges Host
Book Spine Poetry hosted by Escape Through the Pages
Vampires in Popular Fiction hosted by The One with Rachel's Book
Total number of challenges completed: 1
Vampires in Popular Fiction hosted by The One with Rachel's Book

WHO are your favourite vampires? And WHY?? 
I want everyone to name one guy vamp and one lady vamp (and the books/series they are from, just so everyone knows), and explain why they have a place in your heart as your super most favourite vampires everrr. You will win bonus points for creativity of your explanations. "I love him" isn't a good enough explanation for me, I'm afraid. And remember, no one is wrong if they can explain their answer, but you can be more right than other people.
My go to answer would have been Lestat from Interview with A Vampire. But I read Cheshire Red Reports (Book 1 and 2) and I feel in love with Raylene. She is soo cool!  Most vampires are just rich with no real source of income.  Not my girl!  She has a job.  Not a 9-5 job but she makes a living.  I love that!!  
Notes about today:  I commented on several blogs, completed one challenge and got a few things done on both blogs. 
 
Friday 1/11
Number of pages I've read today:  1.5 hour (audiobook)
Total pages read so far:  5 pages and 7.7 hours (audiobook)
Total number of books I've read so far: 1
Book Titles
      -Currently Reading:
The Hairdresser of Harare by Tendai Huchu
      -Completed: 
The Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (audiobook)  
Today's Challenges Host 
Rewrite the Synopsis hosted by A Daydreamer's Thoughts
Total number of challenges completed: 0
Notes about today: Finished my first book and I really liked it.  Going to write the review tomorrow.  That will be my first review of 2013 and now to find a second audiobook.
Saturday 1/12
Number of pages I've read today:  105 pages + 10 minutes (audiobook)
Total pages read so far:  110 pages and 7.8 hours (audiobook)
Total number of books I've read so far: 1
Book Titles
      -Currently Reading:
The Hairdresser of Harare by Tendai Huchu
Abraham Lincoln Vampire Slayer (audiobook)
      -Completed:  The Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (audiobook)  
Today's Challenges Host
Name Your Book Crack hosted by Bookgoonie
So I want you to reflect and identify your deepest, darkest addictions. What is your Book Crack? What can you NOT SAY NO to? What bookish things make you blissful?
My book crack is free.  I have so many free book from events that I can't even keep them all in one place.  I have bookshelf full of books and more in boxes and on the floor.  Really!?  If it is FREE!  who am I to say no! 
Bookish Dress Up hosted by Nyx Book Reviews
So I decided to kind of dress like the character in the book I am reading right now.  The Hairdresser of Harare takes place in Zimbabwe and the main character is 26 year old hair dresser.  This my chic high class version of Vimbai.  I don't love this dress but I ADORE it!  Simply Amazingggg!!!!
Total number of challenges completed: 3
Notes about today: I got a lot of reading done today and I took down the Christmas tree finally.  (As well as completed the tree clean up) I also finished one review, entered 3 Challenges, and started a few blog post.  Today was an extremely productive day!!  Hopefully tomorrow I will finish the book I am reading and I will complete the review as well.  Fingers crossed!
Sunday 1/13
Number of pages I've read today:  80 pages
Total pages read so far:  190 pages and 7.8 hours (audiobook)
Total number of books I've read so far: 2
Book Titles
      -Currently Reading:
Abraham Lincoln Vampire Slayer (audiobook)
      -Completed:  The Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (audiobook)  
The Hairdresser of Harare by Tendai Huchu 
Today's Challenges Host
The New Year Resolution Challenge hosted by Ex Libris
Total number of challenges completed: 0
Notes about today:  I am so glad to have 2 books done.  And I am thrilled to have a book I have had on my shelf for review off my shelf.  I think that leaves just 1 or 2 more on my shelf for review.  Then it's down to my stuff only for the rest of the year.  I love Bout of Books!!

No comments:

Post a Comment