My Little Pocketbooks: Dewey's 24 Hour Read A Thon   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Dewey's 24 Hour Read A Thon

 
It's all about Saturday April 21st for 24 hours of non-stop book geek awesome with Dewey's 24 Hour Read-A-Thon!
This will be my second time participating in this event and I am soo geeky happy about the next one.  I wanted to really go big with it this year and stay at a hotel for the weekend so I could really make it an event.  But since my bills want to be paid and don't understand how cool this is.. I have to listen to them instead.
So I am working on "Plan B Read-A-Thon" from home.  I am in the process of getting my Read-A-Thon plan together.  I thought it be cool to share with all of you!

DEWEY'S 24 HOUR READ-A-THON PLAN:
1.  Set the alarm to 4am.  Since the Los Angeles start time is 5am (arrgh!)I have to set the alarm early enough for me to hit the snooze a few times and not be late.
2.  Buy healthy snacks! Since I start my healthy diet habits today no Chunky Monkey for the first 4 hours and White Cheddar Cheese puffs for the last 4 hours.
3.  Get a reading list together. Here is a potential list in no particular order.
a.  Mockingjay
b.  Love in the Time of Cholera (if I haven't finished it by then)
c.  Kevin's Point of View (for review)
d.  A few magazines (to break it all up)
e.  Something from my Dusty Bookshelf (if time and fatigue permit)
4.  Tell everyone on the planet no.  Don't bother/call/text/talk to me the whole day.
5.  Have fun! 

Are you planning on joining in on all the fun?  What is your game plan for the day? 

No comments:

Post a Comment