My Little Pocketbooks: Review: Fifty Shades Darker   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Monday, September 21, 2015

Review: Fifty Shades Darker

Fifty Shades Darker
Author: E.L. James
Genre: Erotica
Publisher: Random House Audio
Release Date: April 17, 2012
Audiobook: 19 hours and 48 minutes
Narrator: Becca Battoe 
Source: Free from E-Library

Book Description

Daunted by the singular tastes and dark secrets of the beautiful, tormented young entrepreneur Christian Grey, Anastasia Steele has broken off their relationship to start a new career with a Seattle publishing house. 
But desire for Christian still dominates her every waking thought, and when he proposes a new arrangement, Anastasia cannot resist. They rekindle their searing sensual affair, and Anastasia learns more about the harrowing past of her damaged, driven and demanding Fifty Shades.
While Christian wrestles with his inner demons, Anastasia must confront the anger and envy of the women who came before her, and make the most important decision of her life.
This book is intended for mature audiences. 

 Review

The only reason I picked up this audiobook from the library was for my personal goal of completeling several of the unfinished series I have sitting on my shelf.  This was one of them and it has been a long while since I read Fifty Shades of Grey.  I was not thrilled about the book.  You can see my review here.
As for book two (without spoilers) it was much of the same from book one.  Christian Grey is still crazy rich and madly in love with Anastasia.  She is head over heels for him as well.  They have tons and tons of sex.  Of course! And this time there are a few other things going on behind all of that.  The other stuff going on outside of those two was WAYYY more interesting and held my attention from chapter to chapter.  If you took out Ana and Christian from this book I would have been given it more stars by far.  
Throughout this book you will read the word MAD a million times.  "Oh no Christian is going to be MAD."  "Are you MAD Christian?"  "Yes I'm really MAD at you Ana."  LORD!  This man has the same anger issue but now Ana is feeding into it at ever single turn.  
Ana makes some really stupid and dumb decision in this book over and over again. And hearing them in the narrators voice just annoys me more and more.  I have no idea if I can separate the narrator from the story like I normally do.    The two are so intertwined in my mind that I doubt if I can listen to another audiobook with her narrating anytime soon.  
Well Christian and Ana... I'm MAD!  I'm MAD I had to endure another book in the series with two more to go.  ARGH!  Book three better step it up. 

Reviews by Other Bloggers

 Recommendations

I recommend this book to older readers due to the amount of sex going on.

Challenges

This book is number 17 in my Audiobook Reading Challenge
This book is number 31 in my Goodreads Reading Challenge
This book is number 3 in my Non-American Reading Challenge

Other Books in the Series

 Give it a Listen

No comments:

Post a Comment