My Little Pocketbooks: Book Blogger Hop: Stop a Book   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Friday, May 22, 2015

Book Blogger Hop: Stop a Book

Happy Friday everyone. 
TGIF!!!!!  So glad today is Friday.  I have been waiting on 

What is Book Blogger Hop all about?
Each week the host at Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted writer will prompt a new topic submit by a blogger and everyone can join in with their answers. You should join us! It's quite fun!  No really it is!

This Weeks Topic/Question

May 22nd - 28th - Why would you stop reading a book? Too long, wrong genre, bad language, not what you expected, or something totally different? (submitted by Elizabeth)

My Answer

I only have three reasons I would stop a book.
1.  It sucks!  
I have read sucky books to the end only because I wanted to see if it would get better and/or to give them a bad review.  But there are a few I have started and put down because the first two pages made me yawn.
2.  Busy! 
Life gets in the way every so often.  Bugs me when life interferes with my reading.
3.  It's a part of a series.
Have you started a book and found out it was a part of a series?   That happens to me a lot and I have put a book down so I can find and read book one first. 

I read/ listen to long books so that is not a real reason to stop.  I usually know what I am getting into before I start a book.  I know the length, the genre and language is not a big deal to me.  

What about you?

 Why would you stop reading a book? Too long, wrong genre, bad language, not what you expected, or something totally different?

No comments:

Post a Comment