My Little Pocketbooks: Book Blogger Hop: How Do You Pick Books?   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Friday, March 13, 2015

Book Blogger Hop: How Do You Pick Books?

Happy Friday the 13th! 
Sorry I could help it!  :D
What is Book Blogger Hop all about?
Each week the host at Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted writer will prompt a new topic submit by a blogger and everyone can join in with their answers. You should join us! It's quite fun!  No really it is!

This Weeks Topic/Question

March 13th - 19th - What is more important to you when you are deciding to read a book? (submitted by Elizabeth)

My Answer

For me the important item of a book selecting changes and changes often.  Sometimes I am focused on completing a reading challenge and so if a book fulfills a reading challenge requirement that will take precedence.  I have several books in my house and some of these books that I have read solely based on a pretty cover.  I know I am not suppose to judge a book by it's cover but I do.  I have purchased a book (or two) after seeing the cover only.  I didn't even see the authors name or read the synopsis until I got it home.  A few times I have picked a book because it was just the next one by the author I liked.  I did that with Alice Walker for a bit.  She didn't write a series but whatever she wrote next I read.  
To sum this all up!  I have no rhyme or reason for the books I pick.  It all depends on what is important to me at the time I am selecting a book.

What Do You Think?

How do you select your next read?  What is the most important part of a book to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment