My Little Pocketbooks: Sunday Delight: Focus! Focus! Focus!   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Sunday Delight: Focus! Focus! Focus!

Happy Sunday Everyone!  
How was your week?  Did you get a new book?  Or two?
I have been slacking again on my  Blog Ahead goals. (hosted by Herding Cats and Burning Soup.)  I was on the grid and do it.  Currently, I have 10 blog post up and scheduled for the month of December.  I just need to get 20 more done.  I thought by now I would have about 20 done, but.....  slacking.  This is an blogger event to help you get motivated to schedule 30 blog post.  Yes! I said 30! So today I am going to try and knock out about 5 of them.  I seem to be not in the mood for writing reviews.  I was suppose to have 2 reviews done and posted this week so I am going to see if I can focus and get those two up this week.  Focus! Is the Key!  Focus! Focus! Focus!

Here and Now

Time: 11:15 am
Drinking: Green Tea with Honey
Eating: Just finished scrambled eggs with soyizo, country potatoes and a bagel.  Not healthy but yummy.
 Listening To: This week I saw a great new to me band on The View called Vintage Trouble.  Take a listen to my newest favorite band.

Watching:  Vintage Trouble videos.  LOL!

 Next Read:  Not sure yet.

Favorite Book Blogging Events and Links

Here are a few things I ran across this week from other book bloggers and just around the blogiverse.  Click on the buttons to check out the events as well.

It's that time of the year to start picking your reading challenges for 2015.  Go to A Novel Challenge to see some of the great, fun and interesting reading challenges posted.  As the year comes to a close more and more challenges will be posted. 

Are you going to avoid the Black Friday sale mob?  What about reading instead?  Don't Blame the Butler is hosting the first ever Black Friday Read-a-thon.
http://dontblamethebutler.wordpress.com/2014/11/10/announcing-the-black-friday-read-a-thon/
 
The Reading Wench is hosting an Ivanhoe Read-a-long.  Go to the site to join in.  
Below is the chapter break down:
  • Mon. 24th Nov. – Sun. 30th Nov.: Chapters 1 – 7
  • Mon. 1st Dec. – Sun. 7th Dec.: Chapters 8 – 16
  • Mon. 8th Dec. – Sun. 14th Dec.: Chapters 17 – 25
  • Mon. 15th Dec. – Sun. 21st Dec.: Chapters 26 – 31
  • Mon. 22nd Dec. – Sun. 28th Dec.: Chapters 32 – 38
  • Mon. 29th Dec. – Sun. 4th Jan.: Chapters 39 – 44
Have you been by Oh! The Books?  They have an AWESOME weekly recap.  OH! THE RECAP!  Check out last weeks recap.  Amazing! Oh! And if you are doing Sci-Fi November 2014 there is a post for you called Resources and Information.

This is a great article about
5 Tips for Book Bloggers to Get/Stay out of a Reading/Book Blogging Funk from This Girl Reads Alot!  
 
COOL READING CHALLENGES
http://truexmasspirit.blogspot.com/2014/11/the-5th-annual-christmas-spirit-reading.html
 
What cool and interesting post have you run across this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment