My Little Pocketbooks: Sunday Delight: Goals, Resolutions and Updates   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Sunday Delight: Goals, Resolutions and Updates

Happy Sunday Everyone!
Today I have been checking up on my resolutions, reading challenges and goals.  And 2014 is not going to be a huge success as far goal accomplishments go.  I have not come close to getting my blogging resolutions completed at all.  Wayyyy back in December/January I posted a small list of things I wanted to do this year.  Here is the list.  (Original post here)
Blogging Goals
1.  Giveaway 50 books
I think I will hit this one.  I have to do a count.
2.  Post at least 350 blog post
Uhmmmmm.....
3.  Complete all my reading challenges
Maybe two or three of them will not be completed by December.
4.  Knock off at least 12 books from my TBR pile that is here in the house.
That would be one of the three.
5.  Buy only 12 books (Book Club Book of the Month books)
YES!!!!  Doing good on this one.
Blogging Resolutions
1.  Figure out and fix my Feedly button.
I have no idea why and how it is not working. 
Thank you Christine at Buckling Bookshelves!!
2.  Remove old and update buttons on the top of blog.
I need to do this soon.  BLOGGIESTA maybe!
3.  Comment on more blogs.
Still need to do this.
 4.  Clean up my Feedly reader and RSS reader.
This will be a forever project.  I did a little here and there this year.
5.  Work on more personal and non book post.
Uhhmmmm....oooopppssss!!!!!
6.  Start reviews much sooner than I am now.
Sometimes I do.  But not like I wanted to.

So there you have it.   Work to do for sure.  I have a personal list that's going to be rewritten soon.

Here and Now

Time: 7:55 am
Drinking: Hot White Tea with Honey
Eating: Nothing
Listening To: Zero 7 Radio on Pandora
Watching: I saw "THE GIVER" last night.  It was really good.  Now I need to read the book. 

My Bookish Stuff

 Reading: Zora and Me by Victoria Bond and In the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt
Listening To: Nothing
Next Read:  Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
Up Coming Review: The Last Dickens by Matthew Pearl

My Favorite Blog Post from Me

Diversity on the Shelf: Approved Books pt. 8

Favorite Book Blogging Events and Links

Here are a few things I ran across this week from other book bloggers and just around the blogiverse.
BLOG EVENTS
http://www.thebookwheelblog.com/30-authors-announcement/
The Book Wheel is hosting a great blog event this month.  It has started already but you still can read the previous post and see what it's all about.  Click the button to go to the announcement page.  Here is a glimpse of the lineup.
http://www.aartichapati.com/2014/08/diversiverse-sign-up-post.html
 This week starts A More Diverse Universe 2014 hosted by Aarti @BookLust.  What is the deal with A More Diverse Universe?  Well Aarti along with other bloggers are devoting a week to books by a person of color.  They are going to:
Read and review one book
Written by a person of color
During the last two weeks of September (September 14th - 27th)

BLOGGING TIP
http://www.thebookwheelblog.com/how-to-make-anchor-links/

Any new and interesting blog events you want to share?  Any new news?

No comments:

Post a Comment