My Little Pocketbooks: Thoughtful Thursday: Favorite Genres   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Thoughtful Thursday: Favorite Genres


Hosted by Reading Is Fun Again

Pam over at Reading Is Fun Again started this meme to get a book blogger thoughts on a few bookish things. You know how much I love sharing my thoughts/opinions on stuff, so I thought it would be perfect to add my two cents in too! Stop by her blog and join in on the Thoughtful meme.
I created Thoughtful Thursday, because bookish thoughts kept popping up in my mind while reading, and I wanted to explore these questions and get your opinions too! -From Reading Is Fun Again

Thoughtful Thursday Question

What is your book of choice? Romance? Horror? Thriller? Mystery? Coming-of-age? Feel free to get as specific or as broad as possible.

My Answer

Overall I like most genres as long as the story is interesting and the ending rocks.  I don't care if it's a romance or thriller.  I need a good storyline that is unique.  Please don't rehash the same thing over and over again.  I can tell!
But my "go to" genre would have to be...

Contemporary Adult Fiction

I know you would not know this by reading my reading list.  There is a ton of YA and children books mixed in.  All of that started when I started book blogging.  No really!  I was only into YA when I was a YA. (before they called it YA!)  I remember felling all "grown" when I read Misery by Stephen King because it was the first adult book I got from the main section at the library and not the kids section.  I never looked back!  (Until now)  Is it me or has the children section become equally as interesting as the adult section?   Children books are even just as thick. 

What are you favorite genres to read?

No comments:

Post a Comment