My Little Pocketbooks: Thoughtful Thursday: The DNF List   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Thoughtful Thursday: The DNF List


Hosted by Reading Is Fun Again

Pam over at Reading Is Fun Again started this meme to get a book blogger thoughts on a few bookish things. You know how much I love sharing my thoughts/opinions on stuff, so I thought it would be perfect to add my two cents in too! And stop by Pam's blog to see her new and cute blog design.
I created Thoughtful Thursday, because bookish thoughts kept popping up in my mind while reading, and I wanted to explore these questions and get your opinions too! -From Reading Is Fun Again

Thoughtful Thursday Question

Do you DNF (do not finish) books? Do you call it that or do you call it something else? Do you tell people when you DNF a book or do you act like you never read it at all? How have your DNF habits changed over the years?

My Answer

Did Not Finish 
The DNF list.  Yep! I have a list of books I do not finish and I let everyone know about them at the end of the year.  
Here is my story, as the year progresses I read  as much a I can.  Sometimes, I put a book down because I haven't the time to finish it, it was to slow or just not my cup of tea.  Then in November/December I gather up the DNF books and try and complete as many as I can before the end of the year.  I have a crazy habit that I don't know if anyone else does but I have to finish all my reviews by the end of the year.  That way I start the new year with no hanging reviews and only new reads.  
If I still don't complete the book by the end of the year I will do a single post about The DNF List.  That way I can keep track and one day complete them or just move on.
So far since I started book blogging I have had 1 book in 2012 and 2 in 2013.  They are also list in my library by year.  I think this will be my norm forever it keeps me sane.  LOL!

The 2013 DNF List

What about you and your DNF list?

No comments:

Post a Comment