My Little Pocketbooks: Thoughtful Thursday: Guilty Pleasures and Re-Reads   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Thoughtful Thursday: Guilty Pleasures and Re-Reads

Pam over at Reading Is Fun Again started the new meme to get a few thoughts on a few bookish things.  You know how much I love sharing my thoughts/opinions on stuff, so I thought it would be perfect to add my two cents in too! 
Since I was not able to post last weeks Thoughtful Thursday I am going to post it with this weeks.
I created Thoughtful Thursday, because bookish thoughts kept popping up in my mind while reading, and I wanted to explore these questions and get your opinions too! -From Reading Is Fun Again

  Thoughtful Thursday Question from Last Week

Do you have guilty pleasure books that you don't review? Do you feel pressured to rate your guilty pleasure books a certain way?

My Answer

I really don't have a guilty pleasure read at all.  I think that at one time I felt guilty for reading children books and adding audiobooks to the read list.  When I started book blogging I thought I had to read popular novels and nothing else.  That quickly went out the door.  LOL!  I had to (and still have to) remind myself the real purpose of this blog.  This blog is for me and it's my reading journal more than a popularity contest.  So my guilty reads will be here and rated just like the other have to books.  :)

Today's Thoughtful Thursday Question

Do you reread books? Is it a priority or a tradition for you?

My Answer

Hahahahaaa!!! Sorry for laughing but I have a kinda strong opinion on this one. Ok!  Ready for it?  I know you are.  
I NEVER re-read books.  
NEVER!  
I have several reasons for not being a re-reader.
1. I know the twist and turns along with the ending so what is the point.  There will be no shock and awe if I know it's coming.
2.  My TBR list/pile is huge and I have to get through those first.
3.  I don't have enough time to read in the first place and so I want to spend that time with a new book more than an old (not in age) book I read already.
4.  There are just too many books in the world to be re-reading. 
This goes for movies too!  I rarely watch a movie more than once.  So as you can guess, I have a small (extremely small) DVD collection at home.  About 20 or less and I have to say that I pop them in for background noise more than to watch them again.
I know...strange...but true.
So what about you?  Do you have guilty pleasure books that you don't review? Do you reread books?  Kinda curious to see if I am the only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment