My Little Pocketbooks: Bloggiesta 2013!   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Bloggiesta 2013!

First I have to say that I realized I wrote down the wrong date for Bloggiesta on my blog calendar.  Of course it makes sense now that Bloggiesta would not be on the same day as Easter.  LOL!  Oops!
Anywhooo!
Bloggiesta is Here!  And I am sooooo happy!  This is one event that I plan for every single year.  I love spending time getting blog stuff done. At the end of the event I can see the progress right here. 
Oh!  Wait!  Do you even know about Bloggiesta?
Well.. read this from the BloggiestaWebsite.
Some of you may be wondering what exactly is Bloggiesta and/or when is it?

In short, Bloggiesta is a blogging marathon revolving around ticking off those items on your to-do list and improving your blog while in the good company of other awesome bloggers doing the same thing. Our awesome mascot Pedro (Plan. Edit. Develop. Review. Organize) is ready to break out the nachos, enchiladas, drinks, mariachi music and whack a pinata or two! It’s nothing short of an awesome fiesta!

Bloggiesta was originally started in June of 2009 by the lovely and tenacious Natasha from Maw Books Blog. In March of 2012 Natasha graciously passed the torch on to Suey from It’s All About Books and Danielle from There’s A Book. After hosting this fantastic event during both March and September of 2012 it was decided that Bloggiesta needed it’s own home, which is the site you’re now visiting.

On the Bloggiesta site we will continue to hold bi-annual events in March and September and potentially quarterly mini-events in January and July. Many of the topics and challenges we’ve featured and will continue to cover include some of the following:

SEO for Dummies
How to use Pinterest to promote your blog
Mr. Linky Tutorials
Sidebar Help
How to put star ratings in your review posts
HTML Basics
Protecting your blog – Copyrighting
Building Blog Readers
Writing Policies
Embedding Media
Social Media Icon Tutorials
And Much Much More!

We hope you will check back often and join us for our various events! Please let us know if you have any questions or would like to recommend a topic to cover during Bloggiesta by emailing Suey and Danielle at bloggiesta {at} gmail {dot} com.

Ok Now that all that business is out of the way I have to post my goals for this time around.

Goals for Bloggiesta 2013!
1.  Write all outstanding reviews.  I think I have 1 review and 3 Quicky Reviews to do.

2.  Fix my About Me page.  I have no idea what is going on with that page. 

3.  Reply to comments for the month of March.

4.  Make a Word template for post I do on a regular.

5.  Create a video for my Monthly Wrap Up post.  This one I am getting help from Michaniya@ Bookmarked for Later

6.  Calendar my post for the month of April, May, June and July.

7.  Clean up my Google Reader Feedly.  There are to many blogs on there that are not blogging anymore.

8.  Update my sidebar for the month of April.  This is the last thing to do.

9.  Comment, enter, chat  all things #bloggiesta

10.  Fix font on Library page.

Whew!  I think that is it for now.
Ole!

No comments:

Post a Comment