My Little Pocketbooks: Why I Love Wednesday #22   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Why I Love Wednesday #22

Alexis from Reflections of a Bookaholic started a Wednesday Meme called Why I Love Wednesday. Hop on over to Alexis' blog and join in the fun.  Since I have been to busy to keep up with this meme, I decided to borrow Jade from Sort of Beautiful idea and do one post for the month.  I am not stealing the idea ya'll!  I asked her ahead of time.  :) 

Favorite Summer Read

This summer seems to be going by way to fast.  I wanted to do more beach time but... You know things just came up and I have only been to the beach once at night to go walking and twice to hang out (lunch) at the pier.  So no real beach time.  But let's get back to the books.  I read a few this summer and my favorite this summer was 32 Candles by Ernessa T Carter.  I am so late on this book.  Everyone has read it and loved it.  Now I see why.  Review is coming in a week.  (9/3)  But if you can get it now and finish it before summer is officially over then you will understand the love of this book too! 

Favorite Book Recommended by Another

This one is easy.  The host of this meme Alexis at Reflections of a Bookaholic sent me a copy of Teenie by Christopher Grant since she had an extra copy.  I love that book.  (Review) And I am so glad I got a chance to read a really great YA book about a young Black girl with two normal parents.  It was a great recommendation and a great read.  Thanks Alexis!!

Favorite Book Given as a Gift

This one is hard.  I don't have that many friends and family I give books to as a gift.  They mostly come over and raid my bookshelves and take what I don't want to read or books I have read already.  But I will tell you this little story.  
I grew up with a bookworm mom.  She reads mostly romance books and never really talked about the books she read.  As a kid I always knew mom's library was in her closet.  Stacks and stacks of thick romance paperbacks.  One Christmas I found out my aunts were in the same boat as mom.  More books in the closet than shoes.  One aunt gave another aunt "Waiting to Exhale"  (hardcover) as a gift and then it started...the Christmas book exchange.  The women in the family come from New Jersey, Houston, Los Angeles, Kansas City and bring a few books in their suitcases and go home with new reads.  I think as the years have gone on, everyone has moved over to e-readers so we are gifting jewelry and gift cards now.  LOL!  Just thought I would share that with you.  

Favorite Chunkster


I have to say that my favorite would have to be Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (book 7) by far.  And that is saying a lot about the book since I have a fear of Chunksters.  I just hate to commit to books that I may not like at all.  


Favorite Book Recommended by Another

Honestly, I don't really read books based off of recommendations.  I usually base my reads off of two things.  Price and cute cover.  I know that sounds shallow but it has worked for me for years.  That is why you see books on my blog that you have never heard of.  And books you totally forgot about.  I am a bargain book shopper.  The older the book, the cheaper it gets.  So there are very few books I read based solely on recommendation.  Right now my TBR pile is so crazy out of control because I have been taking recommendations.  But I have to say that I am looking forward to a few of them!  Thanks Tanya at Girlxoxo for adding 10 books to that pile.  LOL!!


What are some of your favorite books recommended by another blogger?  What about your favorite chunkster?  Do you have a favorite book as a gift?  Or Summer Read?

No comments:

Post a Comment