My Little Pocketbooks: Review: Bloodshot   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Monday, July 30, 2012

Review: Bloodshot

Bloodshot
Author: Cherie Priest
Genre: Fiction
Release Date: January 25, 2011
Audiobook:  11 hours and 16 minutes
Narrator:  Natalie Ross
 
Source:  Bought from Audible.com
Buy the Book:  Amazon
Book Description
Raylene Pendle (AKA Cheshire Red), a vampire and world-renowned thief, doesn't usually hang with her own kind. She's too busy stealing priceless art and rare jewels. But when the infuriatingly charming Ian Stott asks for help, Raylene finds him impossible to resist - even though Ian doesn't want precious artifacts. He wants her to retrieve missing government files: documents that deal with the secret biological experiments that left Ian blind. What Raylene doesn't bargain for is a case that takes her from the frozen outskirts of Minneapolis to the mean streets of Atlanta. And with a psychotic, power-hungry scientist on her trail, a kick-ass drag queen on her side, and Men in Black popping up at the most inconvenient moments, the case proves to be one hell of a ride.
Review
 I have read mostly Anne Rice vampire books and this is not it!  This audiobook was purchased by complete and joyous by chance.  I was looking for a new audiobook and I didn't even read one review about it.  This audiobook turned out to be unique (to me) in the approached and humor Cherie Priest uses with her characters and plot.  
This is my first Cherie Priest book and I have to say that I am hooked.  She created a modern vampire that one, has a job.  It might not be a legal one but she is dealing with clients and and deadlines.  And two, Raylene is a vampire that does not need to suck the life out of every one she meets.  Don't get me wrong there is violence and a few people die.  But she does it cause she has to not because she is thirsty.     
I think this (audio)book would be a great television series.  Having a season of Raylene going on one big action packed mission for a client would be great.  Her character is so kick butt that she could hold the show.  I mean who doesn't like a kick ass strong female protagonist with a side kick Drag Queen.
If I could fix one thing with this book I would give them book more steam.  Without giving anything away, there was a moment that frustrated me that nothing happened.  
I am looking forward to the next book in the series. 
Recommendation
I recommend this book to readers over 18 years old and older due to mild violence and language.
Challenge
This book is number 12 in my Audiobook Challenge
This book is number 30 in my Goodreads Challenge
Other Books in the Series

No comments:

Post a Comment