My Little Pocketbooks: Why I Love Wednesday #9   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Why I Love Wednesday #9


Alexis from Reflections of a Bookaholic started a Wednesday Meme called Why I Love Wednesday. Hop on over to Alexis' blog and join in the fun. 

The topic this Wednesday is...Tear Jerkers

I just had one very recently in a book.  Viola in the Spotlight has a sad moment toward the end of the book and Adriana Trigiani did a wonderful job of writing it.  If you read the first book then you know about Viola and her great friendship, almost a sisterhood with her and her roommates.  The four girls are in boarding school and when one of them has a family tragedy, Voila's reaction is not over the top (like in the movies) but a quiet saddest that is very real and age appropriate.  She has a moment with her parents that made me ball like a baby.  It was like watching your child's first lost of someone they loved and knowing there will be a lot more to come. My review of the book is coming soon. (4/9/2012)  But until then, click the book cover for the link to the Amazon site.  Enjoy! (with a tissue)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment