My Little Pocketbooks: TGIF #2 ~ Buy or Borrow ~   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Friday, January 27, 2012

TGIF #2 ~ Buy or Borrow ~

I decided to join a weekly meme called TGIF.  I kept seeing the button on top on so many sites, so I wanted to join in too.
This feature is for Fridays to re-cap the week's posts and to answer the proposed question from Ginger at GReads.
Check her out and join in the fun!
This Friday's Question
Buy or Borrow: Where do your books that you read come from? The bookstore? The library? Do you prefer to own a book, or have it on loan?
My Answer
 Right now most of my books are coming form my bookshelf and a local independent bookstore.  

I am trying not to buy any new books this year until I finish reading everything I have on my bookshelf.  But there is an occasional slip up here or there.  Like audio books I am getting from my sparkling new membership at audible.com.  And then there is the monthly book club meeting.  It is held at a local independent bookstore called EsoWon.  I love them!  They have a very small town feel and know your name when you walk in the door (more than once).  I love buying my monthly book club book there to support them.  Since here are only two independent bookstores left in my part of Los Angeles. 
Honestly, I would love to own a ton of books in a wonderfully huge home library but it seems a little selfish since I don't like reading books more than once.  I would just be a book hoarder then.  
I am planning to take a ton of books once I am finished reading them to a book swap and get new stuff in exchange for my old stuff.  
 Where do you get your books from? 

No comments:

Post a Comment