My Little Pocketbooks: October 2013: Wrap Up   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Saturday, November 30, 2013

October 2013: Wrap Up

Yep that's right.  Not a typo!  
This is ONLY a month late.  Along with the 30 other post I haven't done and the last four I just posted.  OOPPSS!  Better late than never.  Kinda!
October was an ok month.  After rocking September I had high hopes for myself for this October and I ended up overbooked, over obligated, and I over did it!  But I did rock one reading challenge.  Check out these sad stats
I posted 36 post on this blog and October was Save The TaTa's month. (aka Breast Cancer Awareness Month)
In October I bought
  2 books. (A total of 10 book so far this year.  Audiobooks and e-books don't count since they don't take up space on my bookcase.)
 Stacking the Shelves is a meme hosted by Tynga Reviews where we all can link up our post about the new books in our lives.  I also add my new pocketbooks too!

From Mysterious Galaxy Bookstore
Dead Spots by Melissa F. Olsen (signed)  
I bought this one because she along with  6 other authors were signing books at our book club anniversary party at the bookstore.
 
My Soul to Keep by Tananarive Due
This was Mocha Girls Read book of the month for October.  A re-read for me!

Free From Audible.com
My Soul to Lose by Rachel Vincent
The Booktaker: A Nameless Detective Mystery by Bill Pronzini
Whodunnit? Murder on Mystery Island by Anthony E. Zuiker

For our Book Club 2nd anniversary party we recieved the following...
Free From Alfred A. Knopf
Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
The Lowlands by Jhumpa Lahiri
Free For TLC Book Tours
Ade by Rebecca Walker
Free From Mariner Books
Happiness Like Water by Chinelo Okparanta
Death of the Black Haired Girl by Robert Stone
Free From the Author
Hidden in Plain Sight: The Other People in Norman Rockwell's America by Jane Allen Petrick

Review Recap
Review: Rotters
Review: Whodunnit -Murder in Mystery Manor
Review: Anna Dressed in Blood 

Number of books completed
(I have to clarify what I mean by completed. Read + Reviewed + Posted Review = Complete)
3 (but I read a ton more.)
 
Book Blogger Events 
I hosted (posted) a Release Day Party for Communion.
For the 5th time I participated in Dewey's 24 Hour RAT!  And I did pretty good this time around.
All my Reviews for the month of October where linked to three Book Blogger Events.
Horror October @ Literary Excursion
BloggersDressedInBloodtest


 Reading Challenge Updates
 
Here is an October Wrap Up of the number of books read and reviewed for the 11 Reading Challenges I signed up for.   Go to the Challenge tab at the top to see the books I have been reading for these challenges.
Off The Shelves Reading Challenge - 0 book
Audiobook Reading Challenge - 3 audiobooks
Anne Rice Reading Challenge - 0 books
Books by Women Reading Challenge - 1 books
TBR Pile Reading Challenge - 1 books
2013 Resolutions Reading Challenge - 0 resolutions
Dusty Bookshelf Reading Challenge - 0 books
Historical Fiction Reading Challenge - 0 books
Variety Genre Reading Challenge - 1 book
Good Reads Reading Challenge - 3 books
Reading Challenge Addict - 0 challenges

Giveaways
Here is the list of giveaways currently going on at My Little Pocketbooks.
Win a copy of "The Galactic Defenders"
and don't forget to check to see if you won of the other giveaways I posted.
WINNERS


How was your October?  Did you get any good books in the mail?  Or from the bookstore?  Do tell!  Whatca get?! If you can remember.  I know it's a stretch.
Posting November soon!  No Really!  I am!  (hopefully)

No comments:

Post a Comment