My Little Pocketbooks: Diversity on the Shelf 2014: Wrap Up   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Diversity on the Shelf 2014: Wrap Up

http://littlepocketbooks.blogspot.com/2013/12/diversity-on-shelf-2014.html
 Host:  My Little Pocketbooks (me)
Level:  4th Shelf (19 - 24 books)
Completed 20 books and reviews.  
(1 more book to review soon.) 
I was so scared I was not going to complete the reading challenge I was hosting.  Boy that would have been sad.  My first year hosting and not complete the challenge.  That would not be a good look at all. 
But...I DID IT!  I read more than the 19 books I thought I would red this year.  
Here are the stats from the Diversity on the Shelf 2014 reading challenge.  
Next year I will be hosting this challenge again and I will try and do 24 books.  Fingers crossed!  :)

Favorite Book

Its a tie 
Number of books by Women: 17
Number of books by Black Authors: 17
Number of books by Latin Authors: 2
Number of books by Indian Authors: 1

Number of Audiobooks: 12 (denoted by an *)
Number of Children Books: 5
Oldest Publication Date: 1922 (Siddhartha)
Newest Publication Date: October 28, 2014 (A Christmas Prayer)

 The List of Books I read for this challenge
*Bless me Ultima by Rudolfo Anaya
The House Girl by Tara Conklin
*Lowcountry Spirit by Anne Hite
Adé: A Love Story by Rebecca Walker
*Siddhartha by Herman Hesse
*Returned, The by Jason Mott
*Dark Sons by Nikki Grimes
*Bluish by Virginia Hamilton
*This Bitter Earth by Bernice McFadden
*A Wanted Woman by Eric Jerome Dickey
Happy Wives Club: One Woman's Worldwide Search for the Secrets of a Great Marriage by Fawn Weaver
Getting to Happy by Terri McMillian
*Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling
*Home by Toni Morrison
The Barbarian Nurseries by Hector Tobar
Strategic Planning for Love & War, Relationships and Adult Conversations by Jo Lena Johnson, Steven Charles Martin, Kevin B. Fleming
Zora and Me by Victoria Bond and T.R. Simon
*Fledgling by Octavia E. Butler
Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
*Christmas Prayer, A by Kimberla Lawson Roby

No comments:

Post a Comment