For a year now I have been missing the POC Reading Challenge. (I know I am not the only one.) When I started blogging the POC Reading Challenge (People of Color) was an active reading challenge that gave readers/bloggers the opportunity to read and review really great books by Authors of Color. They had a great list of authors to pick from, along with giveaways and it was just Great!
So here is where your opinions come in. I have contacted the ladies that hosted the POC Reading Challenge. and got no reply! Nothing! At All!
I have mentioned to a few bloggers who promote diversifying reading on their blogs to host it. And no one really took the bait. (I don't blame them at all.)
I just see the huge potential in a new (re-new) POC Reading Challenge.
So I ask you, should I host it?
It's just that
My plate is FULL! Crazy full!
But I so much want this to happen and to be a happy place where books by authors of color are reviewed, recognized and discussed.
If I do go through with it and do this, here is my game plan.
1. Create a new blogger page just for the reading challenge.
2. Use the resources and basic idea from the older page. Link to the older POC Reading Challenge as well.
3. Create a new button.
4. Have monthly link ups for reviews
5. Have quarterly giveaways.
6. A monthly spotlight on bloggers who promote authors of color
7. Have a monthly guest post from authors of color, bloggers, anyone who wants to talk.
8. Giveaway an end of the year prize.
9. Have other bloggers do monthly features or host a month/quarter of linky and giveaways.
10. Do a read-a-long once in awhile.
That's it! LOL! I know that is a lot and I can do it (with help). (hint, hint)
What are your thoughts? Help! I need to get this out of my head.