My Little Pocketbooks: Review: Allegiant   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Monday, October 12, 2015

Review: Allegiant

Allegiant
Author: Veronica Roth

Genre: YA
Publisher: Harper Audio
Release Date: October 22, 2013
Audiobook: 11 hours and 55 minutes
Narrator:  Emma Galvin and Aaron Stanford
Source: Free from E-Library

Book Description

What if your whole world was a lie?
What if a single revelation—like a single choice—changed everything?
What if love and loyalty made you do things you never expected?
The explosive conclusion to Veronica Roth's #1 New York Times bestselling Divergent trilogy reveals the secrets of the dystopian world that has captivated millions of readers in Divergent and Insurgent.   

Review

This is the third and final book in the Divergent series.  After so much going on in the Divergent world I never thought of this as an ending.  First, let tell you there will be no spoilers here.  Next, I have to say up front, the first book was the best and something is lost on this one.  
I was feeling the first book high after I put it down.  Life and other books got in the way for Insurgent but a year later I read it.  It was ok but I was not on the high like I was from book one.  Then I saw all the 1 star reviews everywhere and heard all the disappointment with this book the other book bloggers had.  But being the diligent reader that I am I picked it up and...
http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/05/disappointment-reaction-gif.gif?gs=a 
I was so disappointed!!  I mean really Veronica Roth.  You built all of this and basically pulled a DALLAS on us.  For all of you to young to know what it that means...goggle it.  
So many other endings where out there in the universe and that is what it all comes to.  NOTHING!  Whatever.  Moving on!  I'm over it too!  Thanks for an outstanding Book one and great novellas.  
Oh those starts below are for the narrators.   

Reviews by Other Bloggers

Recommendations

I recommend this book to older teens to due violence and killing.

Challenges

This book is number 21 in my Goodreads Reading Challenge
This book is number 36 in my Audiobook Reading Challenge

Other Books in the Series

Take A Listen

No comments:

Post a Comment