My Little Pocketbooks: Sunday Delight: Bookish Weekends   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Monday, April 20, 2015

Sunday Delight: Bookish Weekends

Happy Sunday Everyone!
I know today is not Sunday.  My Sunday post is a bit late.  I was a little lazy this weekend with all the bookish things I was planning to do.  Like blog.  HAHAHA!!  Ooopss!  I kinda let that one slip past me as well.  Last weekend (2 weeks ago) was so busy with the Inglewood Literary Festival and Yallwest that I completely forgot about posting my Sunday post of events and things.  FYI, for the month of April in Los Angeles there seems to be more bookish events, signings and things going on than any other time of the year.  And you know me...I just have to attend as many as possible.  :)
I purchased books last week and last Sunday was the  LA Times Festival of Books.  I was planning on buying a ton of books but nope the Lord took all the books I wanted and hid them from me.  It's a good thing since next month is BEA15 and I know I will loose my mind there.  ARGH!

Here and Now

Time: 11:27 am (Monday)
Drinking:  Green Tea with Lemon and Honey (My blogging drink of choice)
Eating: Yogurt with bananas and granola
 Listening To: The Brand New Heavies Radio on Pandora
Watching: Tea for Two. I love old movies and I love Doris Day!  That is her star in my Google Profile picture.  Click the picture below to see more info about the movie.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0043030/
Why don't they make movies like this anymore?

My Bookish Stuff

Reading: Fifty Shades Darker by E.L. James (on pause for now)
 Listening To: Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson (almost done)
 Next Read: Brown Girl Dreaming
Newest Review: El Deafo by Cece Bell

New Additions to My Bookshelf

Free Sample from Epic Reads
Free from the author (signed)
Purchased from the author (signed)

My Favorite Blog Post from Me

My Favorite Male POC Authors
Mini Blog Ahead: Goals
20 Random Questions Tag
Something Old, Something New #3
April 2015 Reading Queue

 Favorite Book Blogging Events and Links

Here are a few things I ran across this week from other book bloggers and just around the blogiverse.  Click on the buttons to check out the events as well.
Did you know there was a Book Swap hosted by The Ninja Book Swap?  I didn't know either.  Check the Spring Book Swap Out and get ready for the next one.  It sounds like fun!!  Click the graphic below to go to the blog and read all about it.
http://www.theninjabookswap.blogspot.com/2015/03/spring-ninja-book-swap-link-up.html
 S.I.K. ask "Why are 5 Star Books So Hard To Come By?I know what she means.  Last year was a year full of 4 stars for me.  This year I have had a few 5-stars so far and that is rare for me.

Bookhounds posted this interesting blog post about Bloglovin called "BlogLovin Why this service is a disservice to bloggers and how to fix it"
  
The ladies at Books and Sensibility posted a Guide for Blogger who want to review ARC's.  Check out  So You Want To Review A Galley: The Basics For Beginners 

Mocha Girls Read posted a blog post called "For the Love of Writing"

Happy 4th Blog-Bday to Little Miss Drama Queen
http://lmdqueen.blogspot.com/2015/04/4th-blogoversary-week-giveaway.html
 
Sign Ups Are Open For...
Click the buttons to sign up on the blogs for these great events.
 
http://www.anarmchairbythesea.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/re-readathon-may-4th-10th.html

http://www.herdingcats-burningsoup.com/2015/04/blog-ahead-mini.html


What interesting blog events and post have you run across this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment