My Little Pocketbooks: Book Blog Hop: Books in the Mail and Music   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Friday, January 31, 2014

Book Blog Hop: Books in the Mail and Music

 
Hosted by Coffee Addicted Writer
Welcome everyone to another post of Book Blogger Hop (hosted by Coffee Addicted Writer). Each week there will be a new topic submit by a blogger and everyone can join in with their answers. You should join us! It's quite fun!

This Weeks Topic/Question

When you receive new books in the mail, do the older ones get moved to the bottom of your list or do go strictly "by the book" and keep your list with older books first and then the new ones? (submitted by Elizabeth)

My Answer

First, let me tell you I am a willy-nilly reader.  I pick my next book sloely based on how I am feeling at the moment.  Old, new doesn't matter.
But in the beginning, when I started book blogging there was not a week without a new book in the mail.  The books would come from bloggers giveaways I won, book tours I signed up for, authors for review request, as well as publishers.  There were just too many.  Most of the books I received for review, I read and reviewed because I had the time back then.  (I have a few still sitting here to read and review.)  But now things are different.  I am trying my hardest to read the books I have and nothing else.  To make all of the books in the mailbox stop I had to:
1.  Stop entering giveaways for books
2.  Stop hosting book tours
3.  Change my Review Policy and just say "NO"
4.  Tell authors and publishers "No thank you. I have plenty of books to review right now.  But I would love to give them away to my readers."
So the mailman is happier!  My bookshelf is happier!  And I don't have book guilt!
 Pushing away fun books on the shelf for the unknown new book.

When you receive new books in the mail, do the older ones get moved to the bottom of your list or do go strictly "by the book" and keep your list with older books first and then the new ones? 
 
Hosted by Sugar and Snark
For the past two months I have been jumping on this meme hosted by Sugar and Snark featuring book covers.  I really enjoy it and I think I will continue doing it as long as they continue hosting it.  This meme is all about YA book covers (mostly) but I have added my Alysia touch to it and I am trying to add some diversity in my selections and I am mixing up the genres. 

Each week we will post a characteristic and choose 5 of our favorite covers with that characteristic. If you want to join in and share your 5 favorite covers with the weeks particular characteristic, then just make a post, grab the meme picture (or make your own) and leave your URL in Linky (so we can visit). ~From Sugar and Snark

  Musical Covers 

So this week the cover characteristic is all about music!
http://amzn.to/1iQOe6khttp://amzn.to/1fqZ3Zzhttp://amzn.to/1ffOXs8 
http://amzn.to/18Szz2Ahttp://amzn.to/1a4Ahyz
 What are some of your favorite musical book covers?

No comments:

Post a Comment