My Little Pocketbooks: Thoughtful Thrusday: Does Genre Pick Format?   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Thoughtful Thrusday: Does Genre Pick Format?

http://www.readingisfunagain.com/p/blog-page_20.html
Hosted by Reading Is Fun Again
Pam over at Reading Is Fun Again (great blog name) started the new meme to get a few thoughts on a few bookish things.  You know how much I love sharing my thoughts/opinions on stuff I thought it would be perfect to add my two cents in too!
I created Thoughtful Thursday, because bookish thoughts kept popping up in my mind while reading, and I wanted to explore these questions and get your opinions too! -From Reading Is Fun Again

Today's Thoughtful Thursday Question

Does the type of book (e.g., genre, demographic, page length) inspire you to read the book in a particular format (e.g., audio book, paperback, hardcover, e-book)?

My Answer

Wow.  That is a great question.  
You know what, I never ever thought about this.  Hhmmm.  I do listen to audiobooks and I do read both hard and paperback books (Rarely ebooks.  That is another discussion post).  But I have never thought about my buying preferences according to genre or demographic.  Hmmm!
Ok... Let's see.
I do buy the book club book of the month in audio if I know I will be busy that month and won't have a lot of time to sit and read.  I will buy an audiobook based on the popularity of the narrator over author any day.  The longer the book (page wise) the more likely I am to get the audiobook.  
As you can see, as I get busier and busier with work, book club, and life the more I listen to audiobooks.  

What about you?  Does the type of book inspire you to read the book in a particular format?

No comments:

Post a Comment