My Little Pocketbooks: R.I.P. VIII Movie Review: Insidious 2   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

R.I.P. VIII Movie Review: Insidious 2

106 min - Horror | Thriller
The haunted Lambert family seeks to uncover the mysterious childhood secret that has left them dangerously connected to the spirit world. 

My Thoughts
This movie freaked me out!  Stressed me out!  And had me jumping every single time something moved.  Oh wait! Let me tell you first that I don't like scary movies...AT ALL!  I rarely, if ever watch a scary movie, read a scary book or listen to scary music.  But lately I have been trying to expand my horror horizons and so I jumped into the R.I.P. VIII Reading (and Movie) Challenge, and that is the ONLY reason I saw this movie. 
What can I say?!  They story line was good but toward the end it seemed to add more and more strange elements here and there.  The acting was good.  They had me jumping!  A LOT! 
I didn't see Part 1 because like I said I don't do horror (or gore) and so I am not sure if it ties into the first one at all.  If you are into the hard core horror this is not THAT bad.  It's not the Exorcist!  I would call this one a mild horror film. 
Even looking at the freeze frame of the films trailer is freaking me out!  So I am wrapping this up. 


This is a part of my R.I.P. VIII Reading Challenge hosted by Stainless Steel Droppings. 
rip8perilonscreen

No comments:

Post a Comment