My Little Pocketbooks: 2013 Genre Variety Reading Challenge   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Friday, January 11, 2013

2013 Genre Variety Reading Challenge

Hosted by Faye@ A Daydreamer's Thoughts

I don't know what is wrong with me.  I keep signing up for reading challenge after reading challenge.  Last year, I did 5 total and now I am signing up for another one.  This one makes it number 11.  Yes!  Eleven!  This is going to be the last one.  Really!  The last one.

The Details
  • Runs from January 1st 2013 until December 31st 2013. Sign ups will be open until December 1st 2013.
  • There are five levels to challenge yourself too. You may move up a level but not go down a level. These are all outlined below. Please mention in your sign up post which level you will aim for.
  • The genres you choose to read are up to you. As long as every book is different, whichever genre you wish to read you can.
  • Every month there will be a post on this blog to link up to your update post / review(s)
  • There will be a giveaway at the end of the challenge, and maybe a few within the year but these are TBD.
  • To sign up, you will need to write a post saying which level you are challenging yourself too and then use the linky list. Non-Bloggers may post in the comments of this post.
  • Any book formats are accepted.
  • Novellas and Novels are all accepted for this challenge.
  • YA, NA and Adult books all count towards this challenge.
  • New sub-genres are accepted. (for example, paranormal-romance, or historical-romance)
Levels
  • Careful; 6 different genres, 6 books
  • Cautious; 12 different genres, 12 books
  • Branching; 18 different genres, 18 books
  • Avid Reader; 24 different genres, 24 books
  • Champion; 30 different genres, 30 books
Categories
This is just a list of the vast variety of genres you have to choose from. I have probably missed a lot, so feel free to branch off from this. These are just suggestions.
Contemporary
Historical
Paranormal
Fantasy
Romance
Sci-Fi
Crime
Thriller
Adventure
Non-Fiction
Women’s Fiction
Chick-Lit
Dystopian
Epic Fantasy
Western
Comedy
Horror
MANfiction
Self-Help
Biography
Auto-biography
Religious
Fairy Tales
Classics
Erotica
Short Stories
Travel Guides
Mystery
Suspense

I think I will be going for the CAREFUL Level (6 different genres, 6 books).  I am not sure what 6 books and genres I will read but here are a few genres on my bookshelf right now.
 Contemporary
Historical
Paranormal
Fantasy
Romance
Women’s Fiction

No comments:

Post a Comment