My Little Pocketbooks: Fitness Friday #2: Gym Must Haves   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Friday, January 11, 2013

Fitness Friday #2: Gym Must Haves

Hosted by Jill @ jillconyers.com
Welcome to the second week of Fitness Friday.  Where I (and you) put down our books and talk about our fitness goals.  As well as other fitness stuff!
 What is Fitness Friday?
If you blog and/or have a Facebook Page about health/fitness, want to learn more about diet, exercise, nutrition, setting goals or if you just want to meet new people and find new health and fitness focused blogs, then join me for Fitness Friday!
FF has been great way to meet new friends and find new health and fitness blogs. People have shared their endless encouragement for reaching fitness goals and support for days that I’ve lacked motivation or have fallen into a rut. Without Fitness Friday I wouldn’t have 13 other ladies joining me this year to run 12 half marathons in 2012. Through Fitness Friday I met my running coach, learned how to prepare my new favorite breakfast, overnight oats and have planned blogger meet-ups at running events.
Want to join in on the fun? 
Simple create a health, fitness and/or nutrition blog post and link up on any (and every!) Friday you choose. Make sure you add the FF button to your post and/or sidebar [this will allow your readers to join in on the fun too!]. 
What is Fitness Friday about?
Celebrating the one thing we all have in common. A passion and commitment for living a healthy lifestyle.
It’s about sharing progress and successes. Not perfection.
Celebrate fitness. Celebrate good health. Celebrate friends. Celebrate fun.
Link up and check out the great health and fitness blogs for inspiration, motivation, tasty recipes and stories of determination and accomplishments!
 This week I want to show you my "Gym Must Haves".  I am fairly new to all this work out everyday lifestyle and every single day I go to the gym I have to psych myself out to get my "WONDER WOMAN" on.  That is what I call it.  Wonder Woman training!  I mean that sounds so much better than going to the gym.  That's like saying going to work.  Wonder Woman or Super Girl or Super Hero training is so much cooler too!  It kinda sets you apart from the others.  (The regular folks) LOL!!
So on my way to Wonder Woman training I need to get in the right mind set.  I made a station on Pandora.com with fast, high beat, club, sexy music.  The kind of music that makes you dance and sing in the car with the windows down.  
 Wonder Woman has a theme song and I have a soundtrack!
Now on to the other Wonder Woman must haves.  
 Yes! I need Lipbalm.  So why not get it in color.  Clinique makes this Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss in #16 Black Honey.  I love it cause it doesn't look like you are wearing a color and it gives the perfect shine and long lasting moister. 
 Bodybugg or any calorie intake/out take monitoring system is a most have.  Just knowing you are burning more than you are eating helps 100% in the fight to lose weight.  
 I love shoes!  I mean what girl doesn't.  But gym shoes, sneakers, trainers, running shoes have never really been my thing until now.  I got these Asics Gel Lyte33 a few months ago and I am shocked at how light they are.  It feels like I don't have shoes on at all sometimes. 
Must have music!  I love this shuffle.  I see people at the gym with their iphones on their armbands but this is so much smaller which means so much less weight on me.  Wonder Woman doesn't need anything to weight her down.
I am still in search for a GREAT high impact sports bra and maybe a post pain relief gel for the legs.  What are some of your gym must have's?  Anything you can't go to the gym without?
Check out Jill's informative blog about Fitness, Health and Happiness.
Have an amazing weekend everyone. 
INSPIRATION IMAGE OF THE WEEK
Source: imgfave.com via Alysia on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment