My Little Pocketbooks: 5 Things I Learned While Not Blogging   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

5 Things I Learned While Not Blogging

As you can see from my Archives list at the bottom of the blog, I have taken some time off from blogging since May.  I slowed down a ton and just posted a few things here and there.  Of course I posted the D.O.T.S. reading challenge review linky once a month.  And yes, I was riddled with blogger guilt.  You know what I mean.  Feeling like you are a complete slacker for not posting a blog post every single day then every single week. Those feelings of losing all you blog readers are a bit overwhelming at times.  And let's not talk about those feeling of not joining all the cool kids on the blog events going on like Bout of Books. 
But you know what?
After a month of those feelings I kinda of got over it.  Like I almost forgot I even had a blog some days.  I don't know how that happened but it did.  I had other life stuff going on (and I still do) so there was a reason behind it all. 
Now that I am making an effort to blog again I have a few life/blog lessons I thought I would pass on to you.  These are the 5 things I learned while I wasn't blogging. 
1
I really need to take notes on books I plan on reviewing.  
It has been months since I read Insurgent and I even completed Alligent months after that.  I have to really think hard on my thoughts of the book and if I liked it or not because I have a brain of a 650 year old woman.  I think I will invest in post-its and start with that.  If anyone has a great plan or tip on how they keep their notes on books, let me know please.  I really need it!
2
It's ok to not blog.
All those guilt feelings are not necessary because this blog is for me and me only (basically).  All the readers, comments and interaction with authors and bloggers is the icing on my cake.  I love it all but what it comes down to at the end of the day is...It's ok to not blog.  Save the guilt for the brownies you ate on your non-cheat day.  LOL!
3
No one is judging me because I don't blog every day.
There are no blog police out there and I am not a pro-blogger who gets paid by post, so who can judge me?  Who?  No one!  
4
Format can change and I don't have to stick with anything.
I think if I do the make blog posting more automated then it would make life easier.  But to be honest it is not about making life easier really.  I can change things up and just try new ways of doing stuff because see #3.  I was stuck in a rut but now I feel like I'm more game to try new ways and days for posting on the blog.  
5
Book bloggers are so welcoming.  
You can be gone on a trip for a day or 100 days and when you get back to blogging your book blogging friends will still be there.  Love you guys!! 

Have you walked away from blogging?  What did you learn from it?

No comments:

Post a Comment