My Little Pocketbooks: 6 Degress of Seperation with The Rosie Project   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Saturday, April 4, 2015

6 Degress of Seperation with The Rosie Project

Did you know that two authors host a monthly meme called 6 Degrees of Separation?  I didn't know really but after seeing the meme on Girlxoxo blog a few months and I thought it looked interesting and so I looked into it.  And yes there is a monthly meme!  
Here are the detail.  Basically, they give you the fist book and you link 5 other books to it any way you can.  In case you have more questions, these are the official rules:

So here we go...
The Rosie Project is the start of the chain and of course I haven't read it (yet).  But I plan to.  One day.  I read the synopsis of the book on Goodreads.  Something about the quirky love story and the characters not knowing right off that they are meant to be together totally reminded me of the wacky British comedy in...
Bridget Jones Diary.  I know this is a total reach but something about funny love stories always brings me back to this book.  I loved the movie and yes once again I didn't read the book.  I think since I saw the movie I have no plans on reading the book.  The book (and movie) are all based on her diary entries just like in...
PUSH by Sapphire.  This was a great, great book and it was written by a young teenage girl who is learning how to read.  I read the book years ago and I remember thinking this is a book that everyone should read.  The author really gave you the details and the emotions of growing up in Harlem as a young girl with zero education.  The modern Harlem is nothing like the Harlem of the 1920's.  Harlem used to be the mecca of Black art, literature and culture. 
Wrapped in Rainbows is a book I am reading right now about the famous author Zora Neale Hurston who was among the Harlem Elite back in the 20's.  She use to throw the biggest and the best parties in Harlem back in the day.  Everyone who was to be famous was there.  I love reading about strong Black women who made their own way.  Just like
Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler.  Lauren Olamina is a wonderful strong character.  She went from just a young child learning how to cook and going to church to the leader of a new community and religion.  This all happens in the new California after drugs, bad government leaders and pollution have ruined the state and country.  Kinda like in
The Eleventh Plague by Jeff Hirsch.  Now that was a complete destruction of the world by disease but the young characters are forced to grow up and learn how to survive on their own as well as lead others.
Whew!  I did it!  That was 6 books all using my bookish babbling.  LOL!  I love doing this.


What books could you connect to The Rosie Project?

No comments:

Post a Comment