My Little Pocketbooks: Quicky Review #26: The Snow Queen   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Quicky Review #26: The Snow Queen

Welcome back to another Quicky Review everyone.
A lot of the time I like to read short stories, prequels and free audiobooks that are short and sweet.  But why do a full review on a book that is say...80 pages long.  So I do Quicky Reviews for the shorties and children books as well.  Basically, the short stories get short reviews.
Here is just a few sentences on one children's audiobook from this month.
There are other Quicky Reviews for you to check out too and don't worry there will be more to come. I like short stories because most of them are FREE and I can get in and out of one in no time.
Previous Quicky Review
Quicky Review #23: Girl with Glasses and I Love You Too
Genre: Short Story 
Age Range: 4 - 8 years
Publisher: Audible Studios
Release Date: December 12, 2014
 Audiobook: 1 hr and 14 mins
Narrator: Julia Whelan
 Source: Free from Audible.com
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GGBE1NY

 Book Description

Hans Christian Andersen's The Snow Queen, the classic tale of friendship, love, and bravery, is beautifully retold with lavish illustrations by master artist Bagram Ibatoulline.
Best friends Kai and Gerda would do anything for each other. When Kai starts to behave cruelly and disappears, Gerda sets out on an epic quest to save Kai from the evil Snow Queen. But can Gerda break the Snow Queen's enchantment and complete the final task?
Full of magic and wonder, this new picture book will delight fans of beloved classics like "Thumbelina," "The Princess and the Pea," and "The Little Mermaid."

My Thoughts

I had never heard o this story and was interested in reading it (since it was free for Audible.com members) I thought it was a really interesting fairy tale. The ending was sweet and cute but I not sure what age group this would be good for. The best part of the story is the explanation of the little bits of mirror and what happen to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment