My Little Pocketbooks: December 2014 Reading Queue   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

December 2014 Reading Queue

 Reading Queue is a meme hosted by Book Tasty and Books: A True Story
This is the last book queue of the year and I am so sad I have so many books in my TBR pile still.  And the funny thing is, the books I am planning on reading this month were never on my TBR pile at all.  Only one of them will go towards one of my reading challenges too.  Well, there is always next year. 

What is the reading queue all about?
Reading Queue is a monthly meme where you share what books you plan to read for the month. You can hop to other blogs and see what others are reading and maybe find someone reading the same thing as you! Or you can ask for people to vote on what you should read next if you can’t decide.

So here is what I have lined up for the month of December. 
Book Club Book of the Month
http://amzn.to/1zBpeVQ
Alexis Fletcher hasn't had a merry Christmas in five years-not since her mother passed away. Every December she remembers the joy her mother brought to everyone during the holiday season and feels the pain of her absence, even more so now that she and her sister are barely speaking. More than anything, Alexis wishes her family could be whole again.
However, with her wedding fast approaching, Alexis might just be ready to make some holiday memories with a new family of her own. Alexis's fiancé, Chase Dupont, is everything she ever dreamed of. He's kind, handsome, fully supportive of Alexis's career, and the CEO of a large company. But outside forces threaten to derail this happy couple from ever reaching the altar.
As tensions rise, a dramatic event causes Alexis to question everything. Will fate give her what she needs to finally embrace the season that has brought her so much pain? Will Alexis get her wish for a happy holiday? Or will her Christmas prayer go unanswered?

 For Review
http://amzn.to/1xmmqgc
Immortality by Kevin Bohacz (audiobook)
Without warning, something has gone terribly awry. In the remote and unnoticed places of the world, small pockets of death begin occurring. As the initially isolated extinctions spread, the world's eyes focus on this unimaginable horror and chaos. Out of the ecological imbalance, something new and extraordinary is evolving and surviving to fill the voids left by these extinctions. Evolution is operating in ways no one could have expected, and environmental damage may be the catalyst. Once discovered, this knowledge changes everything... 

I bet you are wondering why am I only planning on reading just two books this month.  Well, I have this thing about ending the year with no reviews pending.  Yes!  I want to end the year with no reviews to do.  Currently, I have several to do so reading more books would mean I would have more to do.  Once these two are complete, I write and review them I will post them ASAP so I can ring in the new with ZERO reviews on my to-do list.  

What are you planning on reading for December?

No comments:

Post a Comment