My Little Pocketbooks: Spring Sequel: Wrap Up Post   
Home About Me Review Policy My Library Book Club Challenges

Monday, June 23, 2014

Spring Sequel: Wrap Up Post

http://wordsinateacup.wordpress.com/2014/03/16/sequel-spring-%E2%80%A2-march-20th-june-20th-reading-challenge/
I have been Sequel, Series book reading for months now and I have to say...*pat on the back* Well Done Me!
In March I signed up and posted the shameful list of 19 book series I have started and not completed.  I know!  I know!  19 is a little too much to even discuss.  If you need to see the crazy long list of books I had to plow throw click here.
New Reading Challenge: Sequel Spring
So what is the pat on the back for.  Well I have completed...*drum roll*
Yes I finished 7 series!!!!
and two books within a series.
Holla!!
And I am removing 3 series from that list because I didn't like the first book so there is no reason to read the rest.  So that leaves me 9 series to go.  That (I feel) is a respectable number of incomplete series to have sitting on my list.
Here are my stats.  Please go to My Library to find reviews for these books.  I'm being a bit lazy today. :)
The Sugar Lacy Series by Bernice L. McFadden
Book one, Sugar I read last year and gave it 4 stars whereas the sequel This Bitter Earth got 3 stars. 
Overall: 3.5 stars for the series.

Daughter of Smoke and Bone Series by Laini Taylor
Daughter of Smoke and Bone was a 4 star audiobook from last year but Days of Blood and Starlight lost a star due to the violence and darkness.  Then came the 5 star novella Night of Cake and Puppets followed by Dreams of Gods and Monsters with 4 stars.
Overall: 4 stars for the series.

The Wolf Gift Chronicles by Anne Rice
Last year I had high hopes for The Wolf Gift but it ended up being a 3 star read.  Needless to say I didn't have high hopes for the second book The Wolves of Midwinter and gave it a sad 2 stars.
Overall: 2.5 stars for the series

 The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater
The Rave Boys audiobook was a 4 star read whereas the follow up story The Dreams Thieves was a 3 star.  Now that there is a book three coming out at the end of the year I hope it is as good as book one.
Overall:  3.5 stars for the series

 The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place Series by Maryrose Wood
This series started with The Mysterious Howling a fun 4 star audiobook.  The fun continued with book two The Hidden Gallery was also a 4 star audiobook.  The Unseen Guest book 4 lost a star for me. The series wrapped up with The Interrupted Tale another 4 star audiobook.
Overall: 4 stars for the series

The Returned by Jason Mott
I wanted to do this one in proper order so I listen to the 3 prequels last year.  The First and The Sparrow were 5 star audiobooks.  The Choice was a 4 star but still an excellent short audiobook.  This year I read The Returned and rated it 4 stars.
Overall: 4.5 stars for the series

Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
This was the last series I completed.  Anna Dressed in Blood was a 3 star audiobook for me last year.  This year book two (I haven't reviewed yet) will get a 2 star review.
Overall: 2.5 stars for the series

Total: 7 series and 11 books completed
I also read a few books  The Golem's Eye (Book 2) (Review coming soon) and
The Transfer: A Divergent Story (Divergent, #0.1) but did not complete those series (yet)

Total Spent on this Challenge: $4.00 
Most of these were e-library or I used my credits from Audible.com.  I only paid for Nights of Cake and Puppets.  I am trying not to break my 2014 book buying ban too.

A part of me wants to completely knock out the list of 9 series I have left outstanding but that would but my other reading challenges in jeopardy.  Well they are in jeopardy right now.  So I am going to focus on the TBR pile next.   

How are your reading challenges going so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment